• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

8mg45p.jpg

There are simple realities to EVs: They fit some lifestyles, and not others. ICEs are more universal in their capabilities and ability to support diverse use and lifestyle cases. There are also fundamental infrastructure problems that defy widespread embracement of EV.

The urgency to this market was initiated by climate change narratives. I don't believe those represent reality. Under this banner, government tax policies and incentives created artificial demand that would not otherwise be there, or would have been dramatically smaller.

My view is that the market for EV vehicles is premature, at best, and unneeded, at worst.

You can argue that the Tesla S, or some other EV is a remarkable product. I have no problem with that. Physics is still physics, and EVs are remarkable in certain regards. I don't know if that's enough to overcome the larger marketplace issues. I suspect not, and I think that's what the marketplace is saying now.

Hybrid technology is ICE mpg improvement, with some of the EV benefits, and fits with a 60 year arc of continuously improving the efficiency of ICE automobiles. Not dissimilar to turbocharged engines with fewer cylinders, fuel injection, lighter vehicles, better aerodynamics, better tire design, etc.

She, I don’t care about any of that. I will 100% agree. The government is sticking their nose where it doesn’t belong and like everything else it touches is screwing up.

I am not interested in electric vehicles because I think they are doing some societal good, or saving the planet. I am also not interested in an electric vehicle such as the Nissan leaf, Chevy volt, and other ****boxes like them. I am interested in certain electric vehicles because they’re fast as **** and can smoke 99% of production gasoline vehicles on the road.

The person I was talking about in the post you quoted bought his GTR because his 900 hp MK4 supra couldn’t hang with his stock model S and he wanted something that could. So he bought a heavily modified GTR putting out over 1000 hp so that he could hang with a stock model S. Even still, the tesla is a hair faster

I will agree. The government has no business subsidizing the EV market, or any other market for that matter. But to say that people don’t want electric vehicles, or are disappointed in them, or they are not the future, whether they take over the entire automotive industry or not is silly.

Blown alcohol dragsters are far from rational, but there is a market for them. If that market can survive, I’m sure the modern electric street legal supercar will have no problem continuing to find buyers. .

I own a diesel truck and a hybrid car and I’m not in the market for an electric car, but I want one of the new electric sport bikes and plan to buy one once some of the larger manufacturers start making them.

I will say that the acceleration on the model S plaid, and to be fair his GTR is exhilarating. I have never experienced acceleration on that level, and that’s coming from a guy who rides sport bikes. My R1, cbr1000, and Aprilia RSV1000 never pulled that hard. A nitrous injected Busa I got to ride for an afternoon a few years ago was close but still not on that level. I’ve never experienced anything like it.

Both cars pulled my hat and glasses off my head and pulled everything out of my pockets and deposited all of it in the backseat. For a 100% stock family sedan, that’s damn impressive.

That’s a whole lot of money to make that car slower than it originally was. Far less reliable too. A fool and their money as they say.
I thought the same thing at first but actually watched most of the video because it turned out to be pretty cool and the black dudes channel is pretty good. Pretty cool dude with some crazy cool rides.

The Tesla was salvaged from a flood, battery and electronics were toast anyway so they put a LS in it and actually spent a ton of time getting all the electronics back like stock just for ****s and giggles.

I thought the same thing at first but actually watched most of the video because it turned out to be pretty cool and the black dudes channel is pretty good. Pretty cool dude with some crazy cool rides.

The Tesla was salvaged from a flood, battery and electronics were toast anyway so they put a LS in it and actually spent a ton of time getting all the electronics back like stock just for ****s and giggles.

Ah, that makes sense I saw LS and didn’t give it a second look since one thing that certainly is dead is the modern naturally aspirated V8 engine. My deep, rooted hatred for General Motors makes me even less interested in an LS and I would be in a Nissan leaf.

Unibody cars are NOT American's future. It's body on frame or nuthin!

And none of that cvt, turbocharged, awd, abs, , fuel injection, power steering, having, Bluetooth enabled crap either. I’ll stick with my stank ass carbureted V8 with less HP than a ford escape and gets worse mileage than a F150 pulling an 8k lb fifth wheel.

Get off my lawn!

Back
Top Bottom