• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Ah, the quote says .1 cent.
If it was confusing, I apologize. I tried doing the math. $3 gets 90 miles, or 30 miles per dollar or...3 miles per 10 cents...which is what 1 kwh gets me

Where do you buy electricity for 10 cent/kilowatt hour? That's 25% below the national average, and not available to the vast majority of the population of the U.S. So it fits your lifestyle.

Here...I brought RECEIPTS...

Forsyth County: 6 to 8 cents

Georgia Power: 6 to 12 cents but to get 12 cents...you have to be running a huge data center almost.

Georgia Power: EV charging rate is little as 1.8 cents for super off peak (overnight)

North Georgia EMC: 7 to 8 cents

Let's ask the Georgia Public Service Commission for all of Georgia's city averages

[KEEP IT UP BOOMERS] You cant win this EV argument

I have driven over 300,000 miles in Electric Vehicles.
At $0.10 cents a Kilowatt, I get between 3 to 4 miles, or 90 to 120 miles for every $3.00 I spent.

In all those miles:
1) No Oil Change, EVER!
(@7k miles interval, i have avoided 43 oil changes)
2) Charge at home always
3) No risk of robbery at a gas station
4) 0 minutes spent at a gas station
5) "Some" times, charges were free at shopping centers

And the best of all...My car doesnt rattle, clunk or otherwise make stupid noises like all the throw away ICE cars I've ever owned. They drive like the day I took it off the lot.

I better add...because someone will bring this up...I have no concern for battery degradation, loss of range, nor battery replacement. How do I know this? Because I actually have and drive electric cars. I dont speculate. I dont read about it. I dont spill fake news. I live it. I love it.

For 3 long trips, I've rented car/truck from enterprise for $75 a day and drove the crap out of them.

There is no going back. EV is the FUTURE
I haven't logged near the miles that you have but my satisfaction in driving one (or 6 lol) over the last 6+ years is equal to yours. Maybe 100,000 combined miles, I LOVE mine & we (wife) have LOVED all of them. ZERO mechanical issues except for that one pesky car fire that I still blame on the BMW mechanic leaving the oil cap off of the plugin hybrid I-3.
2015 BMW I-3 72 electric miles & 100 gas (with hack from the internet) made dozens of 250 mile round trips to Birmingham Ala before & after the fire, by adding 2 gal. of gas every 100 miles
2015 BMW I-3 #2 to replace the Car-B-Q one a week later.
2019 BMW I-3 129 mile electric range & 100 gas
2021 V.W. ID.4 250 mile range (wifes SUV that rides like a Cadillac, easier to get parents in & out of)
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance 290 mile range
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance 310 mile range
We will be ordering a 2025 Tesla Model Y for the wife when the new ones come out, trading in the ID.4 if anybody is interested in trying their first electric car for 1/2 of what we paid for it. :rofl:

I get free electricity at work from a level 2 charger for 5 hours a day & it takes me everywhere local for free, so YES it fits my lifestyle. :)
20221119_121519.jpg

I've realized tha boomers have trouble reading in addition to comprehending something they have NO clue about
Swing and a miss. Not a boomer… however, I’m close enough to identify as one. I mean, look at the alternative! You kids get worked up too easy. Too many mtv reality shows, I guess.

OP uses bold text in literally every post including the first one.

EV driver uses bold text once to talk about his experience.

ODT anti-ev boomer fudds: "Why you use bold text LIBURAL you must be offended bwhahahahha hurr durr"

Asbestos Asbestos

Here is an event I highly recommend. It's free and BMW does a stand up quality 1st class presentation on their EV offerings

Held at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend
Thanks man! I have nothing against ev’s but they’re not yet ready to do what I need them to do and my job usually has me in towns where you can barely find a gas station, much less a charging station.

However, I expect it’ll eventually be the norm but I don’t care enough to research anything about them to back up my claims. It’s just a guess. I’m sure Mr ford faced his share of doubters too.

I think they’re pretty cool and I’m happy for everyone who likes theirs.

Back
Top Bottom