• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Gen X'r here. I actually remember when MTV actually played actual music videos!!
Im a Gen X...but I have two kids...1 Gen Z and 1 Gen Alpha.

I remember Microsoft Excel 1.0 in my generation. I knew I had to adapt from Lotus 123 or face career choices.

I feel Gen X are the adapter generation meaning I believe we can survive in Gen Z and Gen Alpha's world but they cant survive in ours.

From that, I take the best of all worlds and adapt for success. I do feel strongly that EV is without a doubt...the Future of America.

How does it do towing your boat? Oh, you don't have one? Okay. So it fits your lifestyle.

You've made three long trips in the entire 300K miles you've owned electric? So once every few years? Some folks make those trips monthly, or even more than once a month. So it fits your lifestyle.

You live someplace where there are chargers nearby, or your driving patterns allow you to charge overnight. Some folks don't have lives structured around driving an electric car. So it fits your lifestyle.

Where do you buy electricity for 10 cent/kilowatt hour? That's 25% below the national average, and not available to the vast majority of the population of the U.S. So it fits your lifestyle.

How much did the government pay you in tax credits to buy your electric vehicles?

How long do your tires last and how much have you spent on tires for those 300K miles?

HUH?
So you live in the country or the boonies, not the city, and fits your lifestyle. Using your argument, do you even need a gun where crime is few?

I live someplace where there are chargers...It's called HOME. I live in a home where I have power and chargers. Yes I do. Pretty sure alot of folks here does as well

Do I tow a boat? No. Do you tow your boat everyday? For the average users of a recreational boat...which is a few times a year...do you recommend they buy a towing vehicle year round? Pretty sure someone who can afford a nice boat can afford 2 vehicles. One being an EV when not towing.

Im a Gen X...but I have two kids...1 Gen Z and 1 Gen Alpha.

I remember Microsoft Excel 1.0 in my generation. I knew I had to adapt from Lotus 123 or face career choices.

I feel Gen X are the adapter generation meaning I believe we can survive in Gen Z and Gen Alpha's world but they cant survive in ours.

From that, I take the best of all worlds and adapt for success. I do feel strongly that EV is without a doubt...the Future of America.
Completely agree with your comments. With one clarification: EV's may be the future, just not anytime in our lifetimes...the tech curve/maturity will take significantly longer than the evolution of Windows. The raw technology with the vehicles is functional at best right now, and the infrastructure needed is nowhere in sight today.

Build a bunch of nuke power plants and upgrade the countries power grid, do that and EVs may stand a slim chance of being part of America's automotive future, but as it stands right now EVs are NOT America's future.

EV's ARE THE FUTURE
Just closed the deal on this bad boy… not sure how it happened. All I know is I felt I had to…
IMG_5647.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom