• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Electric hummer towing an electric boat. The FUTURE is now!

237058272_10220440712069328_3956329519705882983_n.jpg

I'm glad the EV works for you. Just don't tell me or my neighbors it works for us. It won't, for most of us.

I'm pretty sure you're not a part of their focus group for product marketing. Fair to say they don't even consider you in their target market.

The sad thing is...you're acting like that fugly chick in high school telling everyone you would never date the stud jock quarterback or that you don't want to go to the prom because you don't think you should have to be invited to the prom

The fact is the future is already here. Deny it all you want. Hold onto your home answering machines, Sony cassette walkmans, VHS and windows 2000 or vista. Nobody cares.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

How many cargo ships caught fire, burned and sank while transporting a load of new cars that were powered 100% by internal combustion engines.

Tesla is in trouble: Its product line is aging. Sales are stalling. Top executives are fleeing. The stock price is down. The first wave of new Cybertrucks is riddled with quality problems. The low-cost Model 2 recently promised by Chief Executive Elon Musk appears to be dead.

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2024-04-16/the-ev-market-is-in-trouble-the-latest-sign-is-teslas-layoffs

Ford, General Motors and other major automakers are pulling back on their EV ambitions, putting more of their money behind hybrid vehicles, cutting back on production, and delaying introduction of some EV models. EV startups including Rivian, Lucid and Polestar are laying off workers, as they encounter production problems or fall short of sales targets or both. The financial difficulties at Fisker, the Manhattan Beach electric vehicle startup, became so severe, its stock price so battered, that it’ll get kicked off the New York Stock Exchange on April 22, or, more formally, be “delisted.”

Here is an interesting article from someone in the trucking industry, on the push to transition commercial truck fleets to zero-emissions trucks.

Some excerpts.....
1713322686348.png

1713322423685.png

1713322516182.png

I'm pretty sure you're not a part of their focus group for product marketing. Fair to say they don't even consider you in their target market.

The sad thing is...you're acting like that fugly chick in high school telling everyone you would never date the stud jock quarterback or that you don't want to go to the prom because you don't think you should have to be invited to the prom

The fact is the future is already here. Deny it all you want. Hold onto your home answering machines, Sony cassette walkmans, VHS and windows 2000 or vista. Nobody cares.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

No doubt, I'm not the target market. And right now, the target market is shrinking by the day. There's too much EV inventory, not enough hybrid inventory.

The infrastructure problems are not going away, and nobody in a position of political power in the U.S. is advancing a plan to upgrade the power grid, generating capacity and rare earth mineral production to handle widespread adoption.

I don't have a problem with the technology itself. It's all cool stuff. The economics, lifestyle and infrastructure simply don't work for the majority of the transportation.

Check back in 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom