• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Oh hey...what do you know...

Tesla Semi can travel up to 500 miles with a full load, which the company claims is competitive with diesel semi trucks with a much lower cost of operation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Do you own a Tesla semi truck? No? So you know nothing about how well the Tesla semi works. You're not entitled to your own set of made up articles about performance.

Sorry, this is a bit too specific to dismiss.

You described what I said as a "fake" problem, and then when I show you not fake, you hand wave.

The battery pack is not a water-friendly component, and its position matters for the application we are discussing. It's slung under the floor, and on a shallow boat ramp, could easily end up partially immersed. Including in salt water.

NOT a winning combo.
So GM has a quality problem (big surprise) and now every battery powered everything is at risk of exploding.

Tell me: Do you go out in the rain? Do you worry your smart phone is going to explode? It's got a lithium battery....

Heck, I knew a guy who dropped his phone off a dock in Lake Lanier. He had his his son dive down to get it and had his wife call the phone so it would light up. He was showing me his lithium battery powered phone while he was telling me the story. So clearly submersible lithium batteries do exist. Maybe not on a GM product, but...

Conversely, this Tesla Cybertruck doesn't seem to have a problem with water:

Tesla Cybertruck in water

What makes anyone want to back ANY vehicle into salt water? Heck, the frame will rot out before the battery or engine dies.

So GM has a quality problem (big surprise) and now every battery powered everything is at risk of exploding.

Tell me: Do you go out in the rain? Do you worry your smart phone is going to explode? It's got a lithium battery....

Heck, I knew a guy who dropped his phone off a dock in Lake Lanier. He had his his son dive down to get it and had his wife call the phone so it would light up. He was showing me his lithium battery powered phone while he was telling me the story. So clearly submersible lithium batteries do exist. Maybe not on a GM product, but...

Conversely, this Tesla Cybertruck doesn't seem to have a problem with water:

Tesla Cybertruck in water

What makes anyone want to back ANY vehicle into salt water? Heck, the frame will rot out before the battery or engine dies.

There are situations where, at a boat ramp, where a truck chasis has to get wet. EVs are unique in that the batteries are slung low, so it's possible that there will be partial submersions of the battery pack.

Pointing it out because truck owners use trucks for so many different scenarios. These challenges have long since been worked out with ICE vehicles. EVs will have some unexpected wrinkles. No different than the current issue posed by the higher weights of EVs compared to ICE vehicles. It's going to take time to solve these things on a macro level.

There are situations where, at a boat ramp, where a truck chasis has to get wet. EVs are unique in that the batteries are slung low, so it's possible that there will be partial submersions of the battery pack.

Pointing it out because truck owners use trucks for so many different scenarios. These challenges have long since been worked out with ICE vehicles. EVs will have some unexpected wrinkles. No different than the current issue posed by the higher weights of EVs compared to ICE vehicles. It's going to take time to solve these things on a macro level.

I'm sure There's very rare situations for a very small number of people where a boat ramp they frequent are poorly designed where as the bottom of your truck has to get slightly submerged.

But there's a very simple, very cheap solution.

980726095.jpg

Next.

Do you own a Tesla semi truck? No? So you know nothing about how well the Tesla semi works. You're not entitled to your own set of made up articles about performance.
i have a cyber truck. I've driven a Tesla Semi Truck at my company's demo.

So yes, I'm more than entitiled...I have 1st hand knowledge.

But that's okay...you can be entitled to your opinions and I just feel sad for those that opine on future of EV, a subject that they know nothing about other than AAA, AA, 9V or a golf cart.

So before anyone blast me as some sort of stupid liberal...I like to take a moment and establish a baseline that I meant what I said. EV is the FUTURE and I went to bat in July 2020, the middle of COVID, to meet Trump when came to Atlanta.

I met Trump and his cabinet and I shook all their hands. I told him that I would like to see him support TESLA and he replied that he LOVED ELON and that he appreciate geniuses like ELON

I have many more photos but I rather not post pics of my company. Anyone cares to call me out on it, I would send you a DM proving my statements.

These are pictures that I took. Not some stupid trolls off the internet

Attachments

• IMG_0363.PNG
    IMG_0363.PNG
    278.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0367.PNG
    IMG_0367.PNG
    404.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0372.PNG
    IMG_0372.PNG
    448 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0373.PNG