• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ex-Mil "Doomsday Prepper" shoots his thumb off...

All joking aside, after years of qualifying and shooting with fellow LEO I am convinced that over familiarity without repetition of fundamentals breeds AD's and carelessness. Many of the civilian (me included now) shooters I shoot with exhibit a higher level of safety and muzzle awareness.

All joking aside, after years of qualifying and shooting with fellow LEO I am convinced that over familiarity without repetition of fundamentals breeds AD's and carelessness. Many of the civilian (me included now) shooters I shoot with exhibit a higher level of safety and muzzle awareness.

Agreed. Two local city P.D. Instructors who occasionally help me on bigger classes are very comfortable to shoot/train w/ because they are consistently safe but I'm no longer surprised at either Mil. or L.E. who I come in contact w/ or who come out that flagrantly break rules... no one is perfect but some you can tell make it a practice to do so.

When called out some take it well, others not so much.

bunch of short bus seat warmers on tv thats for sure

- - - Updated - - -

bunch of short bus seat warmers on tv thats for sure

Agreed. Two local city P.D. Instructors who occasionally help me on bigger classes are very comfortable to shoot/train w/ because they are consistently safe but I'm no longer surprised at either Mil. or L.E. who I come in contact w/ or who come out that flagrantly break rules... no one is perfect but some you can tell make it a practice to do so.

When called out some take it well, others not so much.
I audited a class, I wont say what class or instructor, but the shooters were all new and it took a lot of patience on the instructors behalf due to bad safety practices on the shooters. Being new shooters, the instructor wasn't overly harsh and kept a good attitude, but when you have shooters at intermediate and advanced levels with firearms related backgrounds such as Leo/military I'm sure the patience isn't nearly as high. Will will make unsafe shooters "sit out" or leave, although there's never been a cause for it in a class I've attended.

It's sad but oddly funny (probably my medical background). I hope stumpy heals well and can still rack his slide back afterwards. The most dangerous period is when someone/group/team thinks they got this down easy. Complacency is often a deal ender no matter what level of training you acquired.

Owning a piano does not make one an pianist.

I'm even a testimony to this quote, wasn't til I put my wife through basic that I got interested and after a class I realized not only how much fun they are, but how much you can learn and don't know.

Monte, what exactly is the best grip for a pocket rocket? I have no intentions of owning one, but just curious wha tthe different grip is.

Back
Top Bottom