• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Excited about my new shot timer!

leechnilk1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
So I was able to sell two really beat up AK trainers for $140 here on the ODT in this ad that got pretty funny.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...age-ak-trainers-for-140.1259132/#post-6364007

Anyway I've been trying to be mindful that I needed to pick up a timer to start working better, I flipped the cash right away and ordered a new digital CED7000 that is due to arrive tomorrow. Really excited about it, can't wait to finally have one of my own that I can use whenever I like.

Anyone that has any tips on how to get the most out of practicing with one, please feel free to let me know what works for you! Thanks.

timer.jpg

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/759103/ced-7000-shot-timer

My only advice is this:
Speed does not come by trying to get fast. I promise you, it will NOT work this way. Speed comes by efficiency of movement and muscle memory. Practice, perfectly, slowly.

Allow yourself to get faster by practicing efficient movements and the speed will come naturally. Not that your this guy, but I cringe at these Instagram shot timer hero's and the followers that try to emulate them. It only takes 1 time trying to be quicker than your capability and stuff happens.

Always practice with a purpose and use dry fire to become acquainted with drills before going live fire. I have found that breaking down the draw through the fire is the best way to become efficient. I carry appendix and I will practice doing nothing but raising my shirt and getting a good purchase on the weapon. I will not even draw it. Just over and over lifting my shirt and making a good purchase. Then the next day I may start with a good purchase on the grip and then focus only on going from there to sight picture. Then I will focus on just getting a great sight picture and trigger squeeze. I am no trainer, or guru, but I have found breaking it down like this has helped tremendously and then when I go out to shoot live fire, I do a lot of recoil management drills, double and triple taps, etc, because everything else has already been honed.

Good luck and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom