• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Executive order coming to take your guns

From a link on the same page.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/oba...ain.com&utm_medium=internal_outb#.UNuVTr-9Kc0

With President Obama’s announcement of a commission to study and recommend ways to reduce gun violence, the two most important Democrats in government - Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid - have both indicated a desire to slow the momentum toward gun control in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings. The president’s decision to appoint a blue-ribbon panel - the classic Washington ploy to defuse and delay consideration of an issue - along with Reid’s inaction on the gun question will undoubtedly frustrate many in their party who want immediate action.

When asked "what gun control laws he would support moving forward," Harry Reid had this to say:

Harry Reid said:
I watched the prayers, I watched everything that took place in Connecticut Sunday night. No one law can erase evil; that’s what the president said, and he’s right. But we need to accept the reality that we’re not doing enough to protect our citizens. I’m very happy that the president’s going to do everything he can administratively. We must engage on a thoughtful debate about how to change laws and culture that allow violence not continue to grow. Every idea should be on the table as we discuss how best to keep our children safe.

Notice the total lack of the word "gun," "assault," "hi capacity," "clip," or "mag." I'm not saying that nothing will happen, but I am saying that politicians want to keep their jobs and the clearinghouse that happened in '94 is still fresh in a lot of their minds. A vote against guns is a vote out of office and they know it.

The chess game goes on with our rights. Anti-Gun organizations pay for biased "research", funnel through well known institutions, publish it without peer review in media outlets they own (papers, internet, broad cast stations) they use it to recruit naive Mayors. With the Mayor in pocket they get the Chiefs of Police.

The President makes a get tough on lax gun laws speech and drops a few bullet statements taken off MAIG's web page. He mentions law enforcement officials and the VP will head a panel to provide "fixes". The panel is fixed and the law enforcement officials are sleeping with either MAIG or the Joyce foundation or both.

If a Republican Congress doesn't accept the "fixes" from the stacked deck then onto the Executive Orders to usurp the constitution and due process. Blame will go to the Republican Party as not being strong enough to do the right thing and they are controlled by the NRA.

If it does go down like the scenario above I wonder what the States will do as it pertains to States and individual rights?

I really hope everyone is being proactive and contacting their Reps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom