• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

+1

CCW Ninjas strike again.... What is most interesting/disgusting to me is how many CCWers go out of their way to trash OC. I have never heard OCers trash any method of carry, yet TONS of CCW only people badmouth OCers in general.

Open Carriers enjoy the thought of stopping crime before it ever happens.... I know many CC only people whose wet dream is to encounter a shooting and spring from the shadows and NINJA POWER draw from concealment and save the day.....

Me, I'll never understand that one.... I dont want to be in a shootout, I think OC prevents it and discourages crime.

Exactly.

Exactly. I'm always intrigued by people who cc that absolutely freak out at the thought of printing. I mean who in the hell is going to know that you are carrying but someone else that carries? So what if they notice? Unless of course you are scared of guns or people with guns. People's different perspectives on this topic are always amazing to me.

I only worry about printing for fear of being harassed by a police officer. I keep my licence on me at all times, but the lamination is coming apart (its one of the older style.. and not due for replacement til 2017) and I worry that the validity of it may get questioned

And for the record (after seeing the post from jabara572) I don't care one way or another if you decide to open carry, I wont for two reasons

1 Harassment by peace officers
and
2 Public opinion

If nobody knows I have it they cant be offended by it, and there are people that get offended by it and get up in arms and upset about it and thats how you end up with states like NY where you cant even touch a pistol without a licence and the licence is near impossible to get for the average person not willing to jump through the hoops.

I don't care to be in a shootout either and hope never to draw my weapon, but I also think about the possibility of someone getting the jump on me if they know I have it and singling me out before they do whatever they are going to do. You're less likely to be a target if nobody is the wiser.

You're right OC could prevent anything from happening, or if there are multiple bad guys you might just end up giving them another gun.

Nothing against and I don't want to start a hate fest, just giving my reasons for CC over OC, when I had my own shop I did OC in the shop so people knew I had it, and around my property I OC to dispatch of snakes ever since my Dachshund got in a scuffle with a copperhead in the back yard. I have nothing against it and no problem with those that chose to do it. I just don't think its proper for me for all occasions.

Last edited:
cobb and paulding are usually pretty good about that for the most part that i have noticed. i was at La Parilla on sunday for dinner with a 25 min wait and there was a guy heavyset guy OC'ing his 1911 appeared to be a springfield. The guy with him CC in an OC holsterl covered with a shirt. mine was CC but made me wonder how many were there. i love playing the guessing game and always looking for printing. the mall has always been the most fun

I only worry about printing for fear of being harassed by a police officer. I keep my licence on me at all times, but the lamination is coming apart (its one of the older style.. and not due for replacement til 2017) and I worry that the validity of it may get questioned

And for the record (after seeing the post from jabara572) I don't care one way or another if you decide to open carry, I wont for two reasons

1 Harassment by peace officers
and
2 Public opinion

If nobody knows I have it they cant be offended by it, and there are people that get offended by it and get up in arms and upset about it and thats how you end up with states like NY where you cant even touch a pistol without a licence and the licence is near impossible to get for the average person not willing to jump through the hoops.

I don't care to be in a shootout either and hope never to draw my weapon, but I also think about the possibility of someone getting the jump on me if they know I have it and singling me out before they do whatever they are going to do. You're less likely to be a target if nobody is the wiser.

You're right OC could prevent anything from happening, or if there are multiple bad guys you might just end up giving them another gun.

Nothing against and I don't want to start a hate fest, just giving my reasons for CC over OC, when I had my own shop I did OC in the shop so people knew I had it, and around my property I OC to dispatch of snakes ever since my Dachshund got in a scuffle with a copperhead in the back yard. I have nothing against it and no problem with those that chose to do it. I just don't think its proper for me for all occasions.
I think you are confusing me with someone else. I didn't make a case for OCing. Strategically and in SOME cases politically, I think it's a bad idea but to each their own if it's legal. My comment was simply about how GUN OWNERS who actually carry, freak out when they know SOMEONE ELSE is carrying. It's just ironic (and sad) to me.

cobb and paulding are usually pretty good about that for the most part that i have noticed. i was at La Parilla on sunday for dinner with a 25 min wait and there was a guy heavyset guy OC'ing his 1911 appeared to be a springfield. The guy with him CC in an OC holsterl covered with a shirt. mine was CC but made me wonder how many were there. i love playing the guessing game and always looking for printing. the mall has always been the most fun

I'm originally from NY where you need to do an FFL transfer even when you personally sell a firearm. I still am a little queasy about doing deals on ODT even though I've done a couple now. So I worry and think about things a lot more than I probably should

Back when I first started carrying, I was SUPER paranoid about printing and being "made" by somebody. Eventually though, I realized that most people go about their day oblivious to what is going on around them.

I have been CCing daily for several years now and nobody has ever noticed as far as I know.

It is entirely possible that I have. When in the heck did I say (or imply) anything about being more of a man if you OC? :confused: My comments are about GUN OWNERS feelings once they know someone has a gun (the comments have generally been about CCing and people who consciously look for people printing).

If everyone with a gun were a good person, then we would not be having this conversation.

And if nobody was 'scared' of guns (particularly GUN OWNERS) we wouldn't be having this conversation either.

So there it is, To each his own. If we were all just alike, the world would be boring.
Not referring to any one particular but the one who thinks they are the most intelligent and is never wrong is usually the most ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom