• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

Exactly. I'm always intrigued by people who cc that absolutely freak out at the thought of printing. I mean who in the hell is going to know that you are carrying but someone else that carries? So what if they notice? Unless of course you are scared of guns or people with guns. People's different perspectives on this topic are always amazing to me.

I love folks who OC. I carry a weapon for the purposes of defending myself, my family and others. That said If I end up somewhere where there is a POS wanting to rob the place or just go on a random shooting spree....I really hope someone is there open carrying. That way when there dead body if falling to the floor (because the bad guy knew he was a threat) I can draw and eliminate the threat with ease because I was able to quickly identify them. See Open Carriers do have a purpose.

I love folks who OC. I carry a weapon for the purposes of defending myself, my family and others. That said If I end up somewhere where there is a POS wanting to rob the place or just go on a random shooting spree....I really hope someone is there open carrying. That way when there dead body if falling to the floor (because the bad guy knew he was a threat) I can draw and eliminate the threat with ease because I was able to quickly identify them. See Open Carriers do have a purpose.

LOL, its like playing 5 card stud with all your cards showing. No tactical advantage at all. Emotions run high on this topic for some reason. BTW your going to be ask to provide statistics to back up this theory, and then get beat up by the OC crowd like I was.

Last edited:
Emotions run high on this topic for some reason.

For the same reason they run high when the "Fudds" (which is an ARFCOM term I believe) ask the tactical crowd why they feel the need to own Modern Sporting Rifles (AKA: EBRs or "assualt" rifles).

It is because instead of supporting ALL legal firearm ownership and carry, we get on our high horses and beat each other up for not doing it "our way".

In my opinion, all of us should just STFU and carry on.

As Laufen pointed out, the fear of firearms is irrational. It won't go away with "education" of open carry and it won't go away if we hide our guns and hope they never find out, like the CC crowd. They are attacking us and will continue to do so until ALL civilian firearm ownership is illegal. The last thing we need to be doing is attacking each other over something that isn't going to mean a damn thing one way or another.

My advice is that you should continue to carry in the way that makes you happy and then next time you feel the need to point out how another firearms owner is "doing it wrong" just punch yourself in the nuts.

My advice is that you should continue to carry in the way that makes you happy and then next time you feel the need to point out how another firearms owner is "doing it wrong" just punch yourself in the nuts.

If that were to happen, we would be able to start the ODT Boy's Choir with all the falsetto voices.

Wow ! Read the entire post.. Very interesting mix of emotions towards OC vs CC..

I moved to the wonderful state of GA from up state Boston <-> Rhode Island. I'll share my brief opinion on the matter..

I'm a college professor and also work with FLL (foreign language learners)
most (98%) of all the students I've had throughout the past 3 years are SHEEPs.

I came closer to the south for a few reasons..
tired of the grumpy up north attitudes
tired of the crazy state taxes and policies.
Tired of waiting for GLP or CCP or OCP or WCL..

And tired of the white mud 8 months out of the year. (Snow)

#1 Be glad to carry open or concealed.
(Up north, one can't even mention the word Gun, let alone see one)

#2 if you see an OC, greet them and have a chat! We are the good guys.
(It's like recognizing war buddies, the ones that fight the same fight with you.)

I had owned a S&W .40 for almost 3 years before being able to fire the bad boy. Had to pay 150$ for 2 hours worth of gun handling lessons. (Learned just as much from YouTube, except it was hands on.)

paid about 100$ per hour rage. This was 35$ for 1 hour for 2 people per lane. Box of ammo was 45$ plus 1 gun rental at 15$ + taxes. ( all this made it no fun)

Here in GA I pay 8$ and shoot my own ammo. Or go out doors and shoot free!!

Every day I wake up and I give thanks to God for watching over my family and giving me the tools with which to protect them with. Both physically and spiritually. I take shower and put on my clothes and holster my Ruger 40c and I smile. That baby only comes off when I potty or shower and sleep.

This is is my experience.. I have been both OC and CC for 4 months and so glad I can!!
Lets keep it that way!

I OC for work. Consequently, I OC before and after work running errands or eating meals. Most people don't notice. Occasionally, I get asked by a fellow 'gunnie' what I'm carrying. That's about the extent of it.

Wow ! Read the entire post.. Very interesting mix of emotions towards OC vs CC..

I moved to the wonderful state of GA from up state Boston <-> Rhode Island. I'll share my brief opinion on the matter..

I'm a college professor and also work with FLL (foreign language learners)
most (98%) of all the students I've had throughout the past 3 years are SHEEPs.

I came closer to the south for a few reasons..
tired of the grumpy up north attitudes
tired of the crazy state taxes and policies.
Tired of waiting for GLP or CCP or OCP or WCL..

And tired of the white mud 8 months out of the year. (Snow)

#1 Be glad to carry open or concealed.
(Up north, one can't even mention the word Gun, let alone see one)

#2 if you see an OC, greet them and have a chat! We are the good guys.
(It's like recognizing war buddies, the ones that fight the same fight with you.)

I had owned a S&W .40 for almost 3 years before being able to fire the bad boy. Had to pay 150$ for 2 hours worth of gun handling lessons. (Learned just as much from YouTube, except it was hands on.)

paid about 100$ per hour rage. This was 35$ for 1 hour for 2 people per lane. Box of ammo was 45$ plus 1 gun rental at 15$ + taxes. ( all this made it no fun)

Here in GA I pay 8$ and shoot my own ammo. Or go out doors and shoot free!!

Every day I wake up and I give thanks to God for watching over my family and giving me the tools with which to protect them with. Both physically and spiritually. I take shower and put on my clothes and holster my Ruger 40c and I smile. That baby only comes off when I potty or shower and sleep.

This is is my experience.. I have been both OC and CC for 4 months and so glad I can!!
Lets keep it that way!

Some just don't know how good they got it!! Welcome to the south.

Some just don't know how good they got it!! Welcome to the south.

Thanks!!! I really love it here!! Now I just need to buy a house with some land to raise some live stock. Chickens , sheeps and goats. A few pigs wouldn't hurt. :)

ill even work for a farmer in return for some land and shelter :) I'd do that in a heart beat.

Thanks!!! I really love it here!! Now I just need to buy a house with some land to raise some live stock. Chickens , sheeps and goats. A few pigs wouldn't hurt. :)

ill even work for a farmer in return for some land and shelter :) I'd do that in a heart beat.

Welcome to the Southland.

It's a key point that arguing over minor issues that honestly are up to the individual will never serve our right to carry very well. And will be used against us by the Bloomberg's of this world.

Back
Top Bottom