• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

Gun owner or not, if I don't know 'em, I consider 'em a potential threat...Some might call that "Paranoid", I call it being prepared...YMMV, of course....mikey357
I get it. And non gun owners are (presumably) then less of a threat. You guys seriously don't see how that mindset affects the state of gun rights? :confused:

I get it. And non gun owners are (presumably) then less of a threat. You guys seriously don't see how that mindset affects the state of gun rights? :confused:

How exactly am I gonna' KNOW whether or not someone is a Gun Owner--Or is carrying CONCEALED--When I pass 'em in Wal-Mart or see 'em in a Restaurant?!? EVERYBODY is a potential threat, UNLESS I know 'em--Don't YOU get THAT?....mikey357

How exactly am I gonna' KNOW whether or not someone is a Gun Owner--Or is carrying CONCEALED--When I pass 'em in Wal-Mart or see 'em in a Restaurant?!? EVERYBODY is a potential threat, UNLESS I know 'em--Don't YOU get THAT?....mikey357

this

Just so it's not lost in communication. I for one do see your point. Plus I believe you are right. That being said as long as evil exists in this world, my mind set will not change, to sacrifice my families safety or mine. You have to understand that right?

I think we are going in different directions. My comments have been made about people who constantly scan for people CCing to see if they are printing. Then once identified they alert, as if "guns are bad/dangerous". That is the EXACT response I'd expect from anti gunners. I genuinely don't care and don't look for guns as I'm not worried about them. Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm 100% comfortable with fellow citizens owning and carrying guns. If we aren't then we sure as heck shouldn't complain when the non gun owning public isn't.

Just so it's not lost in communication. I for one do see your point. Plus I believe you are right. That being said as long as evil exists in this world, my mind set will not change, to sacrifice my families safety or mine. You have to understand that right?
I've already said I assume everyone is armed. I also assume everyone I don't know is a 'potential' threat. The presence of an inanimate object doesn't change my view of an unknown person (OK it fairness I probably feel BETTER about them if I pick up on the fact they are carrying.)

I think we are going in different directions. My comments have been made about people who constantly scan for people CCing to see if they are printing. Then once identified they alert, as if "guns are bad/dangerous". That is the EXACT response I'd expect from anti gunners. I genuinely don't care and don't look for guns as I'm not worried about them. Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm 100% comfortable with fellow citizens owning and carrying guns. If we aren't then we sure as heck shouldn't complain when the non gun owning public isn't.

I don't LOOK for/Scan for Firearms--Or Knives, Scissors, etc.--Either--I DO keep my eyes open & pay attention to what's going on around me--I am not uncomfortable around people CC'ing or OC'ing--With the possible exception of the guy carrying the Hi-Point or Jennings in the CHEAP Nylon Holster that's "Flopping Around" on his CHEAP Wal-Mart Belt, and THAT is not because of any "Armament Elitism"on my part, but out of a GENUINE SAFETY CONCERN--How long is that thing gonna' flop around before it FINALLY falls out and hits the Floor?

If I encounter someone who is not known to me personally, I treat 'em.with cautious respect, until such time as they show me that they have earned--Or NOT earned--My Trust--Gun Owner, Soccer Mom, Politician, doesn't matter--Well, MAYBE with the Pol... :) ....mikey357

Most people don`t comment to the open carrier.If they complain, it is to management or LEOs.I always carry concealed where legal.I never OC.When I see OC I never say anything.I just consider it showing off."Look at ME".I think,if I was a perp,I`d have his gun.And I would.

Back
Top Bottom