• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Opening Open Carry Experience

I left out the rest because it is irrelevant. I'm addressing the fact that GUN OWNERS, who amongst EVERYONE should feel the most comfortable with fellow citizens exercising their 2A right are 'nervous', 'on alert', 'feel a heightened sense of threat' whatever.... which is EXACTLY the very thing we belittle anti gunners for doing. You seriously don't get this point? So anti gunners pick up the phone and make a call and gun owners just do a hip check to 'be ready'. If you can't see the sad similarity, I don't know how else to try and explain it.
I've lost most of my faith in humanity as well but I concur, probably on completely different levels and for completely different reasons.
I already told you I see your point. But your point is moot as long as real f'd up people still have guns and commit crimes with them..
The irrelevancy you speak of is that you ignorantly assume that anyone carrying a gun is, legal, sane, law-abiding, trained, like thinking, rational, etc. Your assumptions are dangerous, to you and your family. Good luck bro.

Last edited:
The irrelevancy you speak of is that you ignorantly assume that anyone carrying a gun is, legal, sane, law-abiding, trained, like thinking, rational, etc. Your assumptions are dangerous. Good luck br.
No I don't. And I don't assume they are illegal, insane, criminal, wreckless, or irrational. I'm not scared of them or nervous JUST because they have a gun. Since you don't know my assumptions, calling them 'dangerous' is presumptuous.
I think gun owners, scared of guns, are dangerous.
The next time you see someone in public that otherwise would cause you no concern, but they have a gun and you go on 'heightened alert' ask yourself this question "Would I be more relaxed if that citizen did NOT have a firearm." Then think about your answer.... REAL carefully......

I concur completely. Like I said, I think we were off in different directions. There IS a 'fear' of gun owners/carriers by other gun owners that I just find illogical but worse counter productive.
All pols are evil... fact.

Oh, I do see where you're tryin' to go with this--My question to you is, do you feel MORE COMFORTABLE around someone "Packing Heat", whether CC or OC, than around an UNARMED member of the populace at large?....mikey357

No I don't. And I don't assume they are illegal, insane, criminal, wreckless, or irrational. I'm not scared of them or nervous JUST because they have a gun. Since you don't know my assumptions, calling them 'dangerous' is presumptuous.
I think gun owners, scared of guns, are dangerous.
The next time you see someone in public that otherwise would cause you no concern, but they have a gun and you go on 'heightened alert' ask yourself this question "Would I be more relaxed if that citizen did NOT have a firearm." Then think about your answer.... REAL carefully......

Heightened alert I never said this and has nothing to do with taking note and being aware of your surroundings. Taking note of your surroundings, that has to do with common sense and self preservation.

Last edited:
Oh, I do see where you're tryin' to go with this--My question to you is, do you feel MORE COMFORTABLE around someone "Packing Heat", whether CC or OC, than around an UNARMED member of the populace at large?....mikey357
In general, I absolutely do. Please don't post a picture of an obvious thug and ask "Like this guy"? :) Like I said, I just assume everyone is armed so if it gets visually verified it doesn't cause me any alarm.

Man this ain't rocket science...

A guy shopping at the grocery store Ocing with gun on his hip deserves nothing more than a cursory glance if you are curious as to what he is carrying.

A guy standing off to the side eyeballing everyone, whether you know he has a gun or not, is the one you pay attention to until you decide he is not a threat.

A guy shopping at the grocery store Ocing with gun on his hip deserves nothing more than a cursory glance if you are curious as to what he is carrying.

A guy standing off to the side eyeballing everyone, whether you know he has a gun or not, is the one you pay attention to until you decide he is not a threat.
Whew.... I thought I was speaking Cajun for a minute. Thanks. :cool:

So do you OC?

So do you OC?

Rarely. Only when I am dressed in slacks and tucked in shirt and the top half of my IWB rig is showing.

I see people Ocing on a weekly basis, and like I said they get a cursory glance at most. I am more worried about the person off to the side acting nervous.

We are a country of 300+ million. Statistically speaking accidental gun deaths are non-existent, and firearm shootings are still pretty small. The chances of any of us getting in a gunfight are slim to none. I train to prepare and because I enjoy it, but I worry a helluva lot more about the damage liberals are doing to this country.

Rarely. Only when I am dressed in slacks and tucked in shirt and the top half of my IWB rig is showing.

I see people Ocing on a weekly basis, and like I said they get a cursory glance at most. I am more worried about the person off to the side acting nervous.

We are a country of 300+ million. Statistically speaking accidental gun deaths are non-existent, and firearm shootings are still pretty small. The chances of any of us getting in a gunfight are slim to none. I train to prepare and because I enjoy it, but I worry a helluva lot more about the damage liberals are doing to this country.

Agreed, but I still take note.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom