• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

F Chevy- Lifelong fan no more

how bad was the leak and where was it? just curious. As unless it was extremely tiny, at the top or happened like right when you were pulling in you should have had major overheating issues you would have noticed. most the time you get a hole in your radiator your not gonna make it 20 miles before your about outta fluid and overheating. i changed mine two weeks ago when i developed a bb sized hole out of no where and i didnt even make it 10 miles away. not doubting your story but there are known issues with going to shops outta town.

A

At least get it right. GRISWALD

images

Put some black pepper in the radiator, top it off, go home and get it checked out by an honest, trusted mechanic. If you don't need to top it off, you probably don't have a problem.
Just my $.02. Every situation is different.

Put some black pepper in the radiator, top it off, go home and get it checked out by an honest, trusted mechanic. If you don't need to top it off, you probably don't have a problem.
Just my $.02. Every situation is different.

Absolutely don't put anything in radiator to try slow stop leaks

Unless you want to spend money on future repairs

Had customer come in did this **** stopped heater core

Tried flushing it 6 times then he was hit bad news
And 900 bill

Every company has its problems

Some are worse then others but same Bull****

Same ford they have tsb for transmission issues and are flashing modules to increase pressure to prolong life to get out warranty

Vs fixing or replacing trans

They also putting friction modifier to stop chatter when it needs to be replaced

**** them all

Dang still driving 02 Toyota (built in Kentucky) I bought brand new with nothing more than routine maintenance.
Yep I used to buy domestic.
I believed all that stuff about jobs etc and still do for the most part. Love me some American made products like Roundhouse Jeans, Savage rifles, USA made Danner and Bates Boots but these things last and last
There comes a point especially with major purchases that you have to realize dependability is just like putting money in your own pocket instead of finance companys and "domestic" car companys that make most of their products elsewhere anyway and are domestic only in name.
Man I wish you the best but think you got Griswolded too. As in Clark Griswold from the vacation movie:

Clark: Yeah, well, I'm from out of town. So, what's the bill? Come on, come on, how much?
Mechanic 1: How much you got?
Clark: No, I'm asking how much the repairs are.
Mechanic 1: And I'm asking how much you got!
Clark: You're out of your mind. Look, I don't have time to play around, OK? So how much is it?
Mechanic 1: [waving a wrench] All of it, boy!
Clark: What does your sheriff think of your business practices?
[Mechanic 1 laughs and shows Clark his sheriff's badge]

Back
Top Bottom