• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

F Chevy- Lifelong fan no more

Just my .02 but I still think you most likely got wronged a lot more by the repairs performed by the independent "dealer" more than the "brand". In my opinion they saw you coming and took full advantage.
I found out the hard way many years ago that the manufacturers have very little, almost no control over independent dealers even though there name is the biggest one on the sign out front.
If you had taken it to the shop where you bought it I speculate they would have been a lot more willing to work with you.
Man I hate it for you, and hope you have many trouble free miles now.
Good luck

You don't smell coolant leaks. You see coolant leaks. as in drips and puddles under it.

I hope you get your money back from GM.
No a small leak that Evaporates may never drip.

That being said, OP why change and spend so much money for a leak you've been smelling but causing no problems?
Why not wait till you get home to someone you trust?

It seemed to me that he had a busy schedule with driving and probably has luck like mine.
He might of been saying why didn't I just get it fixed while waiting on a tow and his plans got trashed.
Maybe the sequence of events were he said fix it and then they finally got back and didn't cover it.

It just seems he's getting beat up for fixing his ride. IDK.

It seemed to me that he had a busy schedule with driving and probably has luck like mine.
He might of been saying why didn't I just get it fixed while waiting on a tow and his plans got trashed.
Maybe the sequence of events were he said fix it and then they finally got back and didn't cover it.

I'm just curious to the circumstances. Wondering what the Tech told him about how bad it was.

Contact your local dealership and discuss with service mgr. If you don't get satisfaction ask for an appointment to speak with zone rep.
We cover lots of cars under goodwill warranty for known issues for older and with higher mileage than yours.

I sure didn't mean to come off that way and if I did, I'm sorry. I just haven't had enough good experiences with dealers or their shops. I've run parts in the past for a shop and he marked everything up 100% before labor. I know they are in business to make money but dang. I bought a Haynes manual and started doing my own work with parts from Amazon (mostly). I know the OP didn't have that time and was out of town but a small hole high on the radiator shouldn't have stopped him driving. I think the "tech" was taking advantage of the OP's situation.

What year and model? Did the radiator have plastic end tanks?

My tundra one had been weeping for a year or so. Finally broke down and changed it. Got a quality replacement and changed it myself. Took like an hour and $250. But I also can not afford for a dealership to work on my vehicle, so I make due.

GM has had a MASSIVE amount of recalls in the last few years. Plenty enough to keep me from buying their products for a long time

Reactions: MRM
you absolutely can smell small coolant leaks steaming off

I can't.... not one worth worrying over anyway. As has been mentioned, Its cheaper to just keep top off a weeping leak than to replace a rad unless its actually leaving puddles.

Then there is always this ;) :

contentinfo_autozone_com_znetcs_product_info_en_US_brl_1186_image_3__.jpg

Back
Top Bottom