• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fannin County residence listen up - new EMA ordinance - possible gun grab

jclem02,

I have a great deal to do tomorrow (I am self-employed and have to work tomorrow), so if your wife gets an electronic copy before I get to the commissioner's office, let me know.

Thanks for your service.

Last edited:
This will be contested in court.

The 4th ammendment wont be easily over taken by county ordinance changes. The supreme and federal courts have upheld the 4th ammendment time and time again and its one of the strongest held rights by our current sitting supreme court panel. if this is a "gun grab" tactic they are going about it the wrong way.

Regardless its not right and we need to speak out on a local level.

jclem02,

I have a great deal to do tomorrow (I am self-employed and have to work tomorrow), so if your wife gets an electronic copy before I get to the commissioner's office, let me know.

Thanks for your service.

I've got a copy of the editorial that was in the paper yesterday, but have yet to find a copy of the ordinance itself. If I can get my hands on one I'll post it. The editorial slammed the ordinance and the commission for even considering it.

Everyone should be on the look out for this type of thing in their county.

This is not coming from GEMA, it's coming from DHLS through FEMA. The deal is, the billions of dollars that are in grants from DHLS and FEMA have started coming with many more strings attached than ever before. Grants always come with strings, but the amount and what you're asked state/local govts to do for the grants have gotten totally out of hand with this administration.

There is one grant that covers LE gear to include vests (vests are usually covered independently) for the SO, but in order to get the grant the sheriff has to sign a "release of power" during a declaration of a national state of emergency.

Other grants require things like is posted here. This is just the tip of the ice berg. If folks will start looking into how this has been working and the direction it's headed, maybe something will be done. Look at the 1% tax that was shot down, the counties that said "NO" now have to pay 30% of the construction cost of a project while the counties that voted for it only pay 10%.

You want food?............. Dance to my tune, it's getting worse and why? Because we do not pay enough attention to what our local government is doing much less the state of federal governments. It takes time and effort to stay informed.

The "That will never happen here" folks might get an eye opener in their own county.

19 Kilo, I have read your post. I believe what you are saying about the FEMA grants and "Release of Power" but I have a doubtful friend who is challenging it. Do you have a link to a document confirming this "Release of Power"?

The info of the release of power grant requirement came from my local sheriff's mouth. I'll be glad to get the name of that grant from him so I can post it in full if it will get more involved with what's happening with our govts. The "It will never happen here" folks will never get it no matter what information they are given, quite frankly it's tiresome trying to educate people that never take the time to attend any meetings at their local govt level much less pay attention to the state fed level.

Too may people only care about their own life. I was having a conversation with someone about politics just last week and the guy says "I really don't care as long as I can go to work, come home, have a beer and watch TV." I was in shock, but that's the thoughts of a lot of Americans.

Back
Top Bottom