• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fannin County residence listen up - new EMA ordinance - possible gun grab

I wasn't aware that GeorgiaCarry.org was already involved but apparently GEMA didn't listen. That letter from GCO is dated July 23.

I just got word, "GEMA has written GCO to promise it will stop pushing this illegal nonsense."

Edit: It's good to have the heads up on this. Maybe Fannin just hadn't gotten the word yet, or GEMA is telling us "it's raining."

Last edited:
Well here's one already on the books.

Anybody in Rome, GA?

Sec. 7-37. - Proclamation of civil emergency; powers of one proclaiming.

Whenever, in the judgment of the chairman of the city commission, or in the event of his absence or inability to act, of the city manager, it is determined that a civil emergency exists, he shall have power to impose by proclamation any or all of the following regulations necessary to preserve the peace and order of the city:

(1)
To impose a curfew pursuant to the provisions of section 7-8 of this Code.

(2)
To order the closing of any business establishments or clubs anywhere within the city for the period of the emergency, such businesses to include, but not be limited to, those selling intoxicating liquors, malt beverages, firearms, ammunition and explosives and gasoline or other flammable materials.

(3)
To designate any public street, thoroughfare or vehicle parking area closed to motor vehicles and pedestrian traffic.

(4)
To call upon regular and reserve law enforcement agencies and organizations within or without the city to assist in preserving and keeping the peace within the city.

(5)
To issue such other orders as are imminently necessary for the preservation of peace and the protection of life and property.

(Code 1959, § 11A-2; Code 1981, § 4-3022; Ord. No. 2011-4-1, § II, 4-4-11)

Hmm. It appears that the firearms portion has been removed.

The suspension of sales of alcohol is still there. Not sure whether that is legal or not.

(2) In responding and conducting necessary and appropriate investigations, the Director or his/her designee is authorized to enter at a reasonable time upon any property, public or private, for the purpose of investigating and inspecting sites involved with emergency management functions. The Director is authorized to execute a right of entry and/or agreement to use property for these purposes on behalf of the County; however, any such document shall be later presented for ratification at a meeting of the Board of Commissioners.
(3) No person shall refuse entry or access to any authorized representative or agent of the county who requests entry for purposes of inspection, and who presents appropriate credentials. Nor shall any person obstruct, hamper or interfere with any such representative while that individual is in the process of carrying out his or her official duties.

I personally think the two above are total BS and not enforceable. I could be wrong.

(1) To direct and compel the evacuation of all or part of the population from any stricken or threatened area, for the preservation of life or other disaster mitigation, response or recovery;

Can you actually use physical force to remove someone from private property, even during a declared emergency? Not sure about that one, but I think not.

In section 6 (A) and (B) it talks about curfews and restricting certain areas, but goes on to explain that it doesn't apply to people on their own property or place of business.

I don't like any of it, honestly. Not sure how much of it is legal though.

I used to live in South Alabama. A hurricane was coming in to land one time. I needed to secure my boat and retrieve my generator off the boat for use at my house. The Sheriff department had the road blocked and was not allowing anybody access. All it took for me to gain access was to tell them that I had a boat that needed to be secured and that I was getting my Generator off the boat. They let me pass. I think they just didn't want curious people getting too close to the shore. Anybody who had legitimate business there was allowed to pass.

I think this part scares me the most. They can enter my home and use my property.

<quote>

(2) In responding andconducting necessary and appropriate investigations, the Director orhis/her designee is authorized to enter at a reasonable time upon anyproperty, public or private, for the purpose of investigating andinspecting sites involved with emergency management functions. TheDirector is authorized to execute a right of entry and/or agreementto use property for these purposes on behalf of the County; however,any such document shall be later presented for ratification at ameeting of the Board of Commissioners.
(3) No person shallrefuse entry or access to any authorized representative or agent ofthe county who requests entry for purposes of inspection, and whopresents appropriate credentials. Nor shall any person obstruct,hamper or interfere with any such representative while thatindividual is in the process of carrying out his or her officialduties.

</quote>

So, if they run out of usable guns or food, they can come and take mine?????

I think this part scares me the most. They can enter my home and use my property.

<quote>

(2) In responding andconducting necessary and appropriate investigations, the Director orhis/her designee is authorized to enter at a reasonable time upon anyproperty, public or private, for the purpose of investigating andinspecting sites involved with emergency management functions. TheDirector is authorized to execute a right of entry and/or agreementto use property for these purposes on behalf of the County; however,any such document shall be later presented for ratification at ameeting of the Board of Commissioners.
(3) No person shallrefuse entry or access to any authorized representative or agent ofthe county who requests entry for purposes of inspection, and whopresents appropriate credentials. Nor shall any person obstruct,hamper or interfere with any such representative while thatindividual is in the process of carrying out his or her officialduties.

</quote>

So, if they run out of usable guns or food, they can come and take mine?????

Yeah that's wack. Anybody passing that needs run out of town on a rail.

All of this seems creepy to me. It seems like the DHLS is extending its powers thru programs like these for a greater reason than meets the eye. I could put on my big tin foil hat and scream CONSPIRACY, but I will contain myself. This def has my attention, and I will continue to follow this.

Back
Top Bottom