• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fannin County residence listen up - new EMA ordinance - possible gun grab

Even if they are wanting to grant these extraordinary powers for "GOOD" reasons, the problem lies in the fact that the Government now "HAS" the powers. Future government officials with "BAD" intentions can take the statutes and ordinances that were set in place by good people and use them for bad purposes.

That was the argument a while back about the Congress granting special powers to the President that were not granted in the US Constitution. While he PROMISED that he would never use the new power for nefarious purposes, it does not guarantee that a future president would not use the powers for evil or his own amusement.

BTW, the government has never NOT USED a power it has been granted.

Even if they are wanting to grant these extraordinary powers for "GOOD" reasons, the problem lies in the fact that the Government now "HAS" the powers. Future government officials with "BAD" intentions can take the statutes and ordinances that were set in place by good people and use them for bad purposes.

That was the argument a while back about the Congress granting special powers to the President that were not granted in the US Constitution. While he PROMISED that he would never use the new power for nefarious purposes, it does not guarantee that a future president would not use the powers for evil or his own amusement.

BTW, the government has never NOT USED a power it has been granted.

Nor has the government never been accused of NOT over-reaching or embellishing a power to suit their agenda. The potential impact of this sort of far reaching governmental powers with poor leadership and those with an agenda that doesn't favor the citizen’s rights can and will be used with ill intent.

If not today then tomorrow or when the time suits it. I as I'm sure many others who are awake will be watching this ever stretching growth of governmental powers.

It seems that the wording is to insure that those frivolous suits that were filed as a result of Katrina would now have rendered any complaints about kicking in your door and disarming you would be null and void, since now it's spelled out that "Yes we CAN".

Sounds like lessons learned now being employed to be implemented when necessary…..

"Any man can handle adversity. If you want to test his character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."-Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited:
So I sent a note to Senator Saxby Chambliss requesting him to find out what federal agency is behind this since it is tied to grant money and here is his response.

"Dear Mr. Mullinix:
Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is good to hear from you on this important issue.

We must ensure the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon. Sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety have a right to own guns for these legitimate purposes. The ability of decent, hard-working Americans to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised. Only a government that does not trust its citizens would refuse them the right to bear arms.

Since coming to Congress, I have worked very hard to defeat efforts to erode our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Rest assured, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. "

<sarcasm on>

I am real excited about the help I expect to get from him.

<sarcasm off>

So I sent a note to Senator Saxby Chambliss requesting him to find out what federal agency is behind this since it is tied to grant money and here is his response.

"Dear Mr. Mullinix:
Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is good to hear from you on this important issue.

We must ensure the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon. Sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety have a right to own guns for these legitimate purposes. The ability of decent, hard-working Americans to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised. Only a government that does not trust its citizens would refuse them the right to bear arms.

Since coming to Congress, I have worked very hard to defeat efforts to erode our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Rest assured, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. "

<sarcasm on>

I am real excited about the help I expect to get from him.

<sarcasm off>

Boiler plate nonsense. I have the same letter written in reply to a letter penned by a distinguished member of our local gun club expressing concerns over the UN Small Arms Treaty.

Didn't something similar to this happen during Katrina? LEO's went around to homes and disarmed people as well as just taking people's firearms whenever they stumbled across them. Is this just a power that local governments posses during emergency situations? Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Not just LEO but mobilized military entered homes by force and disarmed the inhabitants. Not all the activated military participated in disarming honest civilians protecting their neighbors and property. A soldier is not duty bound to follow any order that is unlawful and could be punished for following such illegal orders. Disarming honest citizens in time of crisis on their own property I think is not only unlawful but opens litigation to those so inclined as they have rendered the private citizen defenseless. Now proving that is yet another matter.

Far too many politicians and those in positions of power wish to lord over the peasants. Rather than having vision to see them as a positive resource, a force multiplier if you will. The citizenry may be called upon and utilized to assist in national, state or local crisis. To ignore that wealth of support is just plain ignorant and stupid.

Post them at critical areas when needed and armed if required to support rather than disarm them rending them defenseless. Heaven knows LEO will need all the support they can get during such an emergency.

Gotcha. Very well written by the way. I believe that where an elected official stands in regards to the 2nd Amendment is a direct reflection to how they view the citizenry. Citizens are either a mostly a positive resource as you said or a bunch of peasants that need to be lorded over and controlled. I'm not sure where I heard that but I wish I would have thought of it on my own. Ha

Hey all,

I just received a positive reply from my state Senator, Steve Gooch.

<quote>

John.

I am equally concerned with this proposed ordinance. I am requesting more info to determine how many counties have adopted this type of legislation.
Perhaps a remedy will require the general assembly to pass a bill to prohibit local ordinances with type wording. We will do everything necessary to protect our constitutional rights.

Thanks for your input.

Steve
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

</quote>

Back
Top Bottom