Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Desert camo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Ok...Tacos

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
LOL I am such a dumb ass! I posted I have those four guns. I was my picture I looked at. LMAO. Oh me if we can't laugh at ourselves what's the purpose in living.
Yes wood is my favorite as well.

After God took Sunday off he created the hard case gun carrier. The beautiful piece of holy creation is the the answer to your travel problems.

True, but now you have to ride around in an ATV that sometimes has an actual gun rack, South Texas dust everywhere, and climb a 20 foot metal ladder, sometimes straight up, to get in your blind/tripod with no padding on the rail and a steel frame.

Or you are in the Rockies, 4 grownups in a 25 year old 4Runner, in and out 10-12 times a day to hike to a glassing point, through scrub, rocks everywhere. Some rocks actually don't turn over when you walk on them.

The travel case is the least of my worries. I will happily hunt with synthetic on all my travel hunts, and love the wood look at home.

Back to the OP - I have owned black with and without speckles, gray, tan, green, and custom painted by me. I prefer a tan or olive base coat, with other colors fogged over to break up the outline. After a year or two in the woods, time to scuff sand and paint again.

True, but now you have to ride around in an ATV that sometimes has an actual gun rack, South Texas dust everywhere, and climb a 20 foot metal ladder, sometimes straight up, to get in your blind/tripod with no padding on the rail and a steel frame.

Or you are in the Rockies, 4 grownups in a 25 year old 4Runner, in and out 10-12 times a day to hike to a glassing point, through scrub, rocks everywhere. Some rocks actually don't turn over when you walk on them.

The travel case is the least of my worries. I will happily hunt with synthetic on all my travel hunts, and love the wood look at home.

Back to the OP - I have owned black with and without speckles, gray, tan, green, and custom painted by me. I prefer a tan or olive base coat, with other colors fogged over to break up the outline. After a year or two in the woods, time to scuff sand and paint again.
Well like I said in a previous post some climates just don't serve wood well and I am all for syn. and stain then. It's really the only option. Hear in Georgia is fine for wood. Although I have seen nice gun cases on the side of an ATV but that doesn't cover every situation. I do know some people just have to use that combo in order to keep a reliable and robust alternative to wood and blued steal.

My favorites in no particular order are:

Woodland Camo
cwoods308_01 (Large).jpg

Gap Camo

cwood223_01_ca (Large).jpg

McMillan Camo

cwoods308M24_01_ca (Large).jpg

Back
Top Bottom