• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FEMA test today 10/4/23 CELL, TV, RADIO

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
FEMA will be conducting a test today. All cell phones television sets and who knows what else. Try shutting off your phone before the test and see what happens...

TODAY: There will be a nationwide emergency alert test on cell phones, wireless devices, radios, and TVs.

2:20 p.m. ET
1:20 p.m. CT
12:20 p.m. MT
11:20 a.m. PT
10:20 a.m. AKT
8:20 a.m. HT

This is a real slippery slope in my opinion the government is hijacking a private network of privately owned communication devices to test it now to make sure it is available to broadcast a message in the future that the private owners of these communications networks may or may not agree with.

Apparently the government does not give any of these telecommunications providers the option of declining to use their equipment to relay the governments mandated message.

So, what about the First Amendment and the right not to be forced to speak?

What about the right of private property ownership: to fully control your private property and not share it with others that you don't agree to --your paying customers?

This seems like a purely academic question when we don't think the government will use this communications hijacking for any message that we all agree isn't truly extremely important,
but what if the government decides to use this feature in the future to force every American everywhere in the country to listen to messages like these:

"WEAR CONDOMS AND SEATBELTS"

"DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER WITH SELECTIVE SERVICE."

"ELECTION DAY is TOMORROW.
It is your patriotic duty to VOTE."

and

"SEE A GUN, CALL 9 - one -one!"

This is a real slippery slope in my opinion the government is hijacking a private network of privately owned communication devices to test it now to make sure it is available to broadcast a message in the future that the private owners of these communications networks may or may not agree with.

Apparently the government does not give any of these telecommunications providers the option of declining to use their equipment to relay the governments mandated message.

What about the right of private property ownership: to fully control your private property and not share it with others that you don't agree to --your paying customers?

This seems like a purely academic question when we don't think the government will use this communications hijacking for any message that we all agree isn't truly extremely important,
but what if the government decides to use this feature in the future to force every American everywhere in the country to listen to messages like these:

and

One could conclude that the government owns the network, so they can do what they want over it.

and

Recently I've found wearing a condom is sound advice.

sky is falling.jpg

it just happened we gonna Die

As an experiment I turned off my personal phone and left my work phone on. The notification did not turn on my personal phone however, when I turned it back on the notification was there waiting on me.

I was on a call, just a minute after I hung up, I got the alert. Didn't even look at it, hit "ok" and it went away. Not even sure what it said.

Back
Top Bottom