• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proposed Biden rule to further restrict private firearms sales is out today

I think that if the USA decided 55 years ago to have a gun control law (GCA of 1968) that said dealers in firearms have to have an FFL, we should have some practical and reasonable rules and regulations that distinguish dealers from personal users. If you repeatedly buy $299 pistols from Academy Sports and flip them, still new in box, for $450 in "private sales" to random strangers you meet on the street, or online, or who stop by your vendor's table at a gun show*, yeah YOU ARE A GUN DEALER DOING THIS TO MAKE MONEY (even if you have other sources of income that are much more substantial).

* I've seen the "private, non-FFL hobbyists" at gun shows with tables full of handguns, and at least one I remember was nearly all Saturday Night Specials. Small cheap pistols with no collector's value. Another such vendor was telling everybody who passed by "Private Seller Here--No Paperwork! No Background Checks!"
What's your point? That the GCA of 1968 is incomplete and Biden is right to expand upon it?

Why can they not just enforce the GCA of 1968? Why would we need further language? And why should unelected agencies and lawyers make that language instead of Congress?

If the GCA of 1968 needs expanding, and that is indeed the will of the people, than it is Congresses job to do so.

Bypassing that responsibility to the administration branch transforms us from a Republic to a more of a dictatorship.

Back
Top Bottom