• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proposed Biden rule to further restrict private firearms sales is out today

I think that if the USA decided 55 years ago to have a gun control law (GCA of 1968) that said dealers in firearms have to have an FFL, we should have some practical and reasonable rules and regulations that distinguish dealers from personal users. If you repeatedly buy $299 pistols from Academy Sports and flip them, still new in box, for $450 in "private sales" to random strangers you meet on the street, or online, or who stop by your vendor's table at a gun show*, yeah YOU ARE A GUN DEALER DOING THIS TO MAKE MONEY (even if you have other sources of income that are much more substantial).

* I've seen the "private, non-FFL hobbyists" at gun shows with tables full of handguns, and at least one I remember was nearly all Saturday Night Specials. Small cheap pistols with no collector's value. Another such vendor was telling everybody who passed by "Private Seller Here--No Paperwork! No Background Checks!"

For example, under the proposed rule, a person would be presumed to be required to become a licensed dealer and run background checks if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
  • Offer for sale any number of firearms and also represents to potential buyers that they are willing and able to purchase and sell them additional firearms;
  • Repetitively offer for sale firearms within 30 days after they were purchased;
  • Repetitively offer for sale firearms that are like new in their original packaging;
  • Repetitively offer for sale multiple firearms of the same make and model; or
  • As a formerly federally-licensed firearms dealer, sell firearms that were in the business inventory and not transferred to a personal collection at least a year before the sale, addressing the so-called “fire sale loophole.”
NICSEzCheck is terrible now. Imagine an additional 100 million people using it.

We all as a community need to write our opposition to this unconstitutional proposed rule. I'm writing my letter today. This is just one more step towards tyranny.
you are wasting paper and ink. Govt. does what it wants to do. Gunaphobes are crying loudly. Louder than a few letters from the "other" party. I understand your opposition to this overstepping by the govt. Americans allowed to take charge of America. I oppose them too. A letter is not what they will understand or react to. Jan 6th should have had 100,000's of employers firing the hired help in Washington. WE sat on our asses and watched TV. Jan 6th showed Our govt. the extent of our complacency in opposing any over reach of their oppression.

These cock suckers need to go to communist China since that is what gets their rocks off so damned much it seems !!
So damned much overreach it is no longer even entertaining! They have crossed the proverbial threshold years ago and this proves what they want ! They want every single transaction for every damned bullet, component or anything even related to guns/ammo on file with fingerprints !
Screw them !!

I don’t why the ODT “Imma need to see a CCW so I know you had yourn background check” nitwits have a problem with this. They already passively abide with Potato Joe’s intent.
One of my first private buys, the individual had a form. On that form was a slot for my address, name, DOB, DL#, etc, etc, etc. He wanted more info than a vehicle BOS. Like I get it, name and number is reasonable, but like come on man. You want my mom's maiden name also?!

One of my first private buys, the individual had a form. On that form was a slot for my address, name, DOB, DL#, etc, etc, etc. He wanted more info than a vehicle BOS. Like I get it, name and number is reasonable, but like come on man. You want my mom's maiden name also?!
I had a guy BOS me but he didn't say anything when I left all that blank. And I wasn't filling it in.

Back
Top Bottom