• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL issues

Colossus

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I got an issue right now.

I bought a gun out of state. Seller shipped it to a FFL via USPS(long gun).

Seller doesn't have licence.

As i was about to pick up the rifle, I called to confirm that the rifle arrived.
And right now FFL is saying that it's illegal for an individual to ship a rifle to FFL.

I'm lost as I thought it was 100% to do so.

If you got a code #, please share so i can show it to my FFL.

Sounds like your FFL dosne't know what he's doing, or is trying to screw you in some way. Unless part of the story is missing.
(Point out to him that if he was correct almost EVERY sale on Gunbroker.com would illegal.)

No problem and as B.A. said the seller should include a DL photocopy... enlarged X2 is best. Thats what my local FFL said. Enlarged?? got me why. I just bought a lower a couple months ago and went through the process. Not a hitch.

anyone got ATF code, I cannot find it.

i used fll before no issues. not sure what happen now.

it's not a SBR or auto. Bolt action rifle.

My ffl keep saying that FFL have to ship the rifle.

No problem and as B.A. said the seller should include a DL photocopy... enlarged X2 is best. Thats what my local FFL said. Enlarged?? got me why. I just bought a lower a couple months ago and went through the process. Not a hitch.

Probably enlarged so he can read it easier lol. You know how some photocopiers blur small print

Is this a well known FFL, with a good rep? Also, what did he say was going to happen since he said this isn't correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a well known FFL, with a good rep? Also, what did he say was going to happen since he said this isn't correct?

odd thing is that i had rifle shipped to him from individual before.

I'm just lost as to what happen.

"Is this a well known FFL, with a good rep?" I had no problems before.

Back
Top Bottom