• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL issues

The FFL gave you the rifle anyway? Oy, good for you, might be bad for him. There might be something weird to this one.

He had ATF's book with him.

I showed him this.

"Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?
A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]"

I would say we are legal on this.

He had ATF's book with him.

I showed him this.

"Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?
A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]"

I would say we are legal on this.

I know it's cool, but if the ATF said don't do it, and he went against them, guess what happens?

Back
Top Bottom