• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Filling out a "Form 20" after you moved?

I would think if you tick the boxed labeled "permanent move" even the smarties at the ATF would have the sense to get it to the new address.

You would think but......
Are you speaking from experience... or just have little faith?

Who knows how quick 20's are being returned... I just sent a stack off last week for temp moves. Last years were back in 30 days or so.

So even if they manage to send them to the old address, maybe USPS could save the day (for once!) lol

Are you speaking from experience... or just have little faith?

Who knows how quick 20's are being returned... I just sent a stack off last week for temp moves. Last years were back in 30 days or so.

So even if they manage to send them to the old address, maybe USPS could save the day (for once!) lol

I've done 3 20's and have a dozen stamps.... I've seen some special stuff go on over yonder, LOL

Is your inent to send a 5320.20 for an out of state temporary move ( like a shooting class in a neighboring state) or a permanent move within GA?

I am assuming that you are asking for a 5320.20 for out of state/temp move.

In my opinion.......

If you have moved and intend to send in a 5320.20 for out of state, then you should really notify the ATF (using a 5320.20) that you have permanently moved before you submit the 5320.20 for the temp/out of state move (I assume this is the purpose of your 5320.20). My last 5320.20 took about 30 days, but there may be a huge backlog due to the rush of Form 1's before 41P took effect. The form only allows for a permanent or temp move, I think it might tax the common sense of some people in the ATF if you were to ask the examiner to update the permanent location and also approve the temporary move out of state. But opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one and then they elect them...so I could be wrong,,

I had a form 4 rejected to transfer to another person because the address in the record was not the same as my current address, so I had to submit a permanent move 5320.20, then they approved the form 4...If the addresses dont match, they will most likely reject it or if you annotated the old address, return the form to the old address.

I have heard that there is no need to notify the ATF of a permanent move within the state for an NFA item, however, failure to do so, may cause rejected forms in the future..

Interesting link
http://johnpierceesq.com/what-do-i-need-to-do-regarding-my-nfa-trust-when-i-move/

Just my thoughts...

Good Luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom