• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Filling Out Form 1 Right Now (Still Confused)

Crumley25

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
384   0
Reaction score
Alright, Alright I guess im just a little nervous. I don't wanna make a mistake and have them reject me. I'm a little confused on how to fill this thing out.

Transferee or Transferor: Which one do I fill out or do I have to do both? I am the person that Aquired the Firearm, but I am also the registered owner of the firearm applying to transfer it. Also will I put my name here or the Trust name?

I will be the one who put the firearm back together after the barrel is cut down so does this make me the manufacturer of the firearm now or is it still the Factory manufacturer?

One last question, does the form have to be sent in as one page (Front and back) or can it be two single sided pages?

Sorry for all the stupid questions everyone, im just not to good with this stuff and don't wanna ake a mistake. I need and example I guess.

Anybody in the area that wants to drop by and show me how its done feel free. I need all the help I can get.

Last edited:
If you are making a SBR, you are the mfr, On a Form 1, not a 4!
Also you have to place the end Mfr's info engraved on the receiver, i.e, trust name or yours & address.
This will be front & back of forms. In duplicate.
Don't forget about the certificate of compliance, stating you are a U.S citizen.

If you are making a SBR, you are the mfr, On a Form 1, not a 4!
Also you have to place the end Mfr's info engraved on the receiver, i.e, trust name or yours & address.
This will be front & back of forms. In duplicate.
Don't forget about the certificate of compliance, stating you are a U.S citizen.

Yeah I was wondering about a form 4 or a form 1, also what is a certificate of compliance? I have never heard of that.

Thanks everyone for the help I almost have it complete. I just have one last question. Section 2c. is for Caliber. Can I state Multi on it anymore, I read somewhere they will not accept that anymore. Also if I do have to put the caliber can I put (.300 acc blk), (.300blk) or should I put (7.62 x 35). Not sure on how I should word the caliber.

Can't use multi anymore, i believe there is a place on there, 7h? Says something about other markings etc, you can put diffetent calibers there

Just put one caliber and length, they will bounce it now otherwise. And it makes no difference in the long run because you can change the length or caliber and are not required to inform them anyway. So this is one of those perfect example of bureaucratic red tape.

Leave 4h blank. Print the form on front and back sides of the page, they won't take it any other way.

And it's not that big a deal if you do make a mistake. They'll send you the forms back with the corrections needed. You make the changes, with whiteout or by striking out the incorrect info and writing the correct info just above and initialling, send it back, and you'll get your approval in about 10 days. So it's not a big deal at all if you screw something up. They're also very helpful if you make a mistake and don't understand how to fix it. Give them a call, and they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. Most of the folks that work there are fine people, and are just trying to do their jobs. (Although the guy that answers the phone sometimes is a bit short lol)

I've never included a certificate of compliance with any form 1 or form 4 before and have had no problems with approval. Is this something new?

Az

Just put one caliber and length, they will bounce it now otherwise. And it makes no difference in the long run because you can change the length or caliber and are not required to inform them anyway. So this is one of those perfect example of bureaucratic red tape.

Leave 4h blank. Print the form on front and back sides of the page, they won't take it any other way.

And it's not that big a deal if you do make a mistake. They'll send you the forms back with the corrections needed. You make the changes, with whiteout or by striking out the incorrect info and writing the correct info just above and initialling, send it back, and you'll get your approval in about 10 days. So it's not a big deal at all if you screw something up. They're also very helpful if you make a mistake and don't understand how to fix it. Give them a call, and they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. Most of the folks that work there are fine people, and are just trying to do their jobs. (Although the guy that answers the phone sometimes is a bit short lol)

I've never included a certificate of compliance with any form 1 or form 4 before and have had no problems with approval. Is this something new?

Az

+100000

I had a correction with Shannon Siverio, Georgia examiner, and she was more than happy to assist. She's really nice from what my dealer said, they understand that we aren't expert when it comes to government forms.

Back
Top Bottom