Finish talking me into reloading........

Jbum

Default rank 5000+ posts
A face not even my mother loves!!!
413   0
Reaction score
I was gonna post this in Firearms Chat and never even noticed there was one dedicated to reloading haha. Any who I have 75%ish talked my self into reloading for a couple reason thus far, finding ammo quickly moved to first over seems like a cool 2nd hobby, cost, hunting and so on, Just thinking y'all might convince me to be that 99% to buy. Also should I skip the single stage as I will be loading for 9mm, 45, 3030 and others?

Thanks ahead ....................... JBUM

Do not skip single stage. I have a progressive, but load 65-70% of my rounds single stage. Initial cost is a bit of a shock, but worth it especially if loading for accuracy.

Do not skip single stage. I have a progressive, but load 65-70% of my rounds single stage. Initial cost is a bit of a shock, but worth it especially if loading for accuracy.

Agree 100% I have a Square Deal B that I use for 38 special and 9mm, and a 550b that I use for .45 ACP but use an old Lyman single stage for everything else including decaping brass before I load it on one of the two Dillion progressives. I would sell both my progressives long before I sold my single stage.

I just bit the bullet and working on getting started, Equipment is back ordered. should be in next month. Having friends into reloading really helped me decide.

right now the the drawback is Primers are harder to find than a 200 dollar glock.

I love it. second hobby saves money, can be more accurate, and softer to shoot

Three shooters in my family we go through 400 to 800 rounds of 45 a week plus a few 9, blackout and 308.

I have got to reload

I started with Dillon 650 but had someone to show me the ropes

So far I have made over 30,000 rounds on the dillon and only one little plastic part broke. One call Dillon sent two news in the mail.

I just bit the bullet and working on getting started, Equipment is back ordered. should be in next month. Having friends into reloading really helped me decide.

right now the the drawback is Primers are harder to find than a 200 dollar glock.

I learned long ago to watch for deals on primers and bullets and buy a crap ton of them when you find them cheap. I found some 230gr LRN 45 several years ago for 35 bucks a thousand shipped. I can tell you that my UPS man hated me that day. I probably will never need to buy 230gr bullets or large pistol primers again in my life, but will do so anyway when I find good deals on them.

Reloading is definitely worth doing and a great skill to know.. It really gives you a better understanding and different aspect of fire arms.. Next thing you know 9mm reloads will turn into neck turning and making precision 1000 yard ammo or that's what happened to me.. Rifle loading is much more complex... As for presses single stage is just fine.. You can break up steps in the process alittle at a time.. The redding T7 is great single stage with a rotating head for multiple dies.... Good luck

I talked myself into it recently just to find out everything I'm looking for is out of stock. I was going to buy a lee precision single stage kit but the only ones I can find are on ebay for stupid prices and no one seems to have .45 acp die sets in stock. I've already read a couple of reloading books and have a reloading manuel on the way, but it doesn't do me much good when I can't get the equipment.

Single Stage is a must! You have to have one either way so you better start there first. To be honest you don't even need a powder measure/drop. Start with the basics and learn accuracy. I have 2 progressives and same as Shrek I use my Single Stage 60+ percent of the time anyways. First thing you should by is a book above all else. It's an addiction. I've only been reloading for less than a year and 'm casting my on bullets and have 4 presses....Yikes! Its a blast and great to have the extra knowledge when it comes to buying and looking at ammo. It is extremely valuable information!

Back
Top Bottom