• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Firearm prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
bull****.png

I agree with the OP. I mean what the hell is all this nonsensical talk about markets and supply and demand? I had some 1ozt Krugerrands I'd bought about 25 years ago. I never used them and thought I might use the cash to have custom face masks made up. I took the coins to a local pawn shop and the owner offered me $1,100 each! Wow! I said, "No way!" and he said, "WAY!"

I told him I wasn't one of them price gouging neckbeards I read about here all the time with their evil profiteering and all. I just wanted what I had in them since they were used coins. I figgered $335 a piece was fair and square since that's about what I had in them, so I said that's what I said I'd take. He was happy, called me "brother" and I left the shop with pert near $3,500 burning a hole in my pocket! Plus, I have a clear conscious and I'll sleep better at night knowing I'm not part of the problem!
You got any more you care to sell at that price?:becky:

The one "lesson" I think I learned when I sold new/used cars for a couple years in the early eighties (and no, I wasn’t very good at it) was that something is only "worth" as bad as someone "wants" it!...My point is, back last July/August I was looking for a 12 gauge for home defense and paid another ODTer $300 for a Maverick 88 that would have ordinarily sold for $150-$200 if there were still like hardware available at Cabela's/Academy/AdvOutdrs....also bought a Savage for my son and paid the guy $275....which is probably a hundred bucks more than the gun sold new....some might say that’s a stupid move....but to me, it was "worth" the extra bit of money to have it in my hands....

I see hand guns priced a full MSRP or above, online or in stores....and people are paying the prices just to have something in their hands when there’s not much (if anything) in the glass case....price is justified by desire!

I also see "used" guns being posted for "new" prices on ODT....but I still see most guns posted for what I believe is a realistic/reasonable asking price because the majority of the people on this forum are reasonable and like-minded enthusiasts; willing to put up a "fair deal"....and that’s what I like most about ODT....and for the most part, those posts that are way outta line on price will be pushed to the "bottom of the pile" and ignored or forgotten....JJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom