• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Firearm prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not supply and demand. If it was, the retails stores would be charging what we see here. And most aren't.

The second hand market is stupid right now. Retail isn't.

So just buy new from a local dealer and save some money.
I feel it’s worth a little extra to get a gun that’s already been broken in and teething problems taken care of.
After all, isn’t the original owner’s time and ammo burned worth consideration?
You appear to be cold-hearted with no feels for those providing this service.

I feel it’s worth a little extra to get a gun that’s already been broken in and teething problems taken care of.
After all, isn’t the original owner’s time and ammo burned worth consideration?
You appear to be cold-hearted with no feels for those providing this service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the OP. I mean what the hell is all this nonsensical talk about markets and supply and demand? I had some 1ozt Krugerrands I'd bought about 25 years ago. I never used them and thought I might use the cash to have custom face masks made up. I took the coins to a local pawn shop and the owner offered me $1,100 each! Wow! I said, "No way!" and he said, "WAY!"

I told him I wasn't one of them price gouging neckbeards I read about here all the time with their evil profiteering and all. I just wanted what I had in them since they were used coins. I figgered $335 a piece was fair and square since that's about what I had in them, so I said that's what I said I'd take. He was happy, called me "brother" and I left the shop with pert near $3,500 burning a hole in my pocket! Plus, I have a clear conscious and I'll sleep better at night knowing I'm not part of the problem!
200.gif

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I have gotten some great deals over the years on ODT. I have not bought anything in awhile for a variety of reasons but there is still the occasional deal.
However like everyone in life very few people jumping at the chance to sell me something for far less than current market value.

I still love ODT.

Used gun prices will be coming down soon. They will actually be lower than new guns again.

The "Problems" of the second hand market will be resolved when face/face sales end.

I mean people could still buy a used gun, but why go to a FFL and pay more for a used gun,
than the FFL would sell you a new one for?

Problem for those of you complaining solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom