• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First AR build recommendations

Here's a good start on a AR-10.

Here's a good start on a AR-10.

Curious if you built your first gun yet.
I did actually. I went a little non-traditional and still have some furniture to add but I went with a nfa 8.5 inch upper in 10mm with the machine work done at macon armory and a moriarti ar-45/10mm pistol lower. Added a sba pistol brace and i'm saving up for a cloud light at the moment. I really wanna drop a binary in it as well. Super fun little project to get my feet wet. I also think I'm about ready to jump into a bigger platform as well. Probably going to build my first 5.56 platform next. The tactical lever guns have also caught my interest. I got the bug bad man...no joke :lol:. Let's just hope my wife doesn't ask where the discretionary funds are going!

New to the forum and new to the world of AR’s. I’ve been a bolt action guy since I was a kid and recently have caught the bug to build an AR. I’m looking for opinions on a solid first build. I’m not sure that I’m ready to sink 4-5k into one yet but I’m open to hearing what y’all have to say. I’m also a newbie to the acronyms so use kid gloves with me.

cmshoot​

Happy to help.

I also teach an AR Builder’s/Armorer’s Course with a lot of good info. The next one is August 28 at TruPrep in Marietta. The following one will be in late October.

***If you build it yourself. You know how to disassemble it and fix it yourself.

I did actually. I went a little non-traditional and still have some furniture to add but I went with a nfa 8.5 inch upper in 10mm with the machine work done at macon armory and a moriarti ar-45/10mm pistol lower. Added a sba pistol brace and i'm saving up for a cloud light at the moment. I really wanna drop a binary in it as well. Super fun little project to get my feet wet. I also think I'm about ready to jump into a bigger platform as well. Probably going to build my first 5.56 platform next. The tactical lever guns have also caught my interest. I got the bug bad man...no joke :lol:. Let's just hope my wife doesn't ask where the discretionary funds are going!
Just tell you didn't want to bother her so you kept your funds purchases discreet. LOL

Back
Top Bottom