first can suggestions

Because it is just as quiet if not quieter than a .22 can, saves me at least $400 and works just fine on my .22 AR upper with an optic. The extra weight means absolutely nothing to me, as I am not putting it on a pistol. If I ever decide to suppress a .22 pistol I will get a dedicated .22 can, but until then it is a waste of money.

You are still a dumb newbie. Bahahaha. At 50, I am generally experienced, typically dumb.

Last edited:
Got my trust done and notarized, now looking to start a collection.

So is the smart move to buy a .45 can and buy different pistons for it? Is the decibel difference noticeable if its not exactly caliber matched?

I was considering the tirant .45 and buying a piston in 9mm and .22. Anybody think I should go a different route?

I think the best route is to get a dedicated 22 can and then a 45 can for your centerfire pistols. The Octane 45 looks to take subsonic 22 down to 118db's whoch is comparable to other 22lr dedicated cans, but it is bigger and heavier.

That said, If you are set on using a 45 can on everything, which aint the end of the world, get on with all steel internals since cleaning lead off of aluminum can be a pain.
]
For all steel internal cans the Octane 45 is really the way to go.

You'll get the .578x28 piston(45acp) with the can

You'll want the 1/2x28 piston(9mm) for use on 9mm pistols

Lastly, you'll want the 1/2x28 fixed mount for use on 22lr rifles.

Here's an overview of the Octane on all the major calibers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best route is to get a dedicated 22 can and then a 45 can for your centerfire pistols. The Octane 45 looks to take subsonic 22 down to 118db's whoch is comparable to other 22lr dedicated cans, but it is bigger and heavier.

That said, If you are set on using a 45 can on everything, which aint the end of the world, get on with all steel internals since cleaning lead off of aluminum can be a pain.
]
For all steel internal cans the Octane 45 is really the way to go.

You'll get the .578x28 piston(45acp) with the can

You'll want the 1/2x28 piston(9mm) for use on 9mm pistols

Lastly, you'll want the 1/2x28 fixed mount for use on 22lr rifles.

Here's an overview of the Octane on all the major calibers

Octane will probably be my next one. So damned expensive, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom