• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First Jerky Attempt

JkEnder

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
14   0
Reaction score
20151011_190943.jpg

Made a marinade out of pineapple juice and habanero peppers. 2 hours of drying time so far...
Anyone else have any good recipes?

I have the same dehydrator, little loud but I love it :)

My favorite is an Alton Brown recipie

1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

I'm a pansy though so I cut the red pepper in half and make sure to pick the flakes off before it goes in the drier.. and I like this Teriyaki recipe on chicken

1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
1/2 cup of no-pulp orange juice
1/4 cup of water
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

I have the same dehydrator, little loud but I love it :)

My favorite is an Alton Brown recipie

1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

I'm a pansy though so I cut the red pepper in half and make sure to pick the flakes off before it goes in the drier.. and I like this Teriyaki recipe on chicken

1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon onion powder (not onion salt)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
1/2 cup of no-pulp orange juice
1/4 cup of water
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Thanks! I thought about using Scorpion Peppers (1.4 million Scoville units) but decided to ease into it with habaneros. I will post the complete recipe if this batch is worth a damn.

Dales and Soy sauce in a 1 gal plastic storage bag. Bottom roast semi frozen to allow ease of cutting slices. marinade overnight and go to town with the dehydrater...about 10-12 hours

Thanks! I thought about using Scorpion Peppers (1.4 million Scoville units) but decided to ease into it with habaneros. I will post the complete recipe if this batch is worth a damn.
you were just about to ruin some good jerky,, cut a very small sliver of a scorpion pepper and give it a taste before you mess up some good jerky

Dales and Soy sauce in a 1 gal plastic storage bag. Bottom roast semi frozen to allow ease of cutting slices. marinade overnight and go to town with the dehydrater...about 10-12 hours

Dales all the way.... I'll have to try adding the soy sauce... Thanks

I agree with Semi Frozen!! Makes it so much easier to slice the meat, If I do beef I use flank, or London broil they are both the same cuts. I have used a Beef Brisket also, but always in the freezer until semi stiff for easy clean slim cuts.

Back
Top Bottom