First other build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know...they write it so vague and have everything covered. They even have manufactureres listed...lawyers suck.

A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features: 1) The ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside the pistol grip; 2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer; 3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm without being burned (except a slide that encloses the barrel); or 4) A second hand grip

Not that confusing really. They have 5 sections to classify a "Assault Riffle", if it has one of any of the 5 sections it is deemed a "Assault Riffle". So in other words if it goes bang it's outlawed. They covered all parts of the scary black riffle.

so what the OP has is technically illegal in CT?

It sounds like CT sucks at freedom. I just can't help but think of this whenever I see a less than standard mag in an AR.
ef30cb5.png

so what the OP has is technically illegal in CT?

The way I read it yes. But I'm not a lawyer and I hate holiday inn. He might be able to share more because he's a resident there.

Connecticut defines an “assault weapon” as:

• Any “selective-fire” firearm capable of fully automatic, semi-automatic or “burst fire” at the option of the user;3
It has select Fire
  • Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle, regardless of the date produced, that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features: 1) A folding or telescoping stock; 2) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing; 3) A forward pistol grip; 4) A flash suppressor; or 5) A grenade or flare launcher;4
It has detachable magazine
It has a pistol grip and his hand is directly below the action
It has a flash suppressor
It has a forward VG
  • A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features: 1) The ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside the pistol grip; 2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer; 3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm without being burned (except a slide that encloses the barrel); or 4) A second hand grip;5
With a pistol stock
It has a detachable mag outside of the pistol grip
It has a threaded barrel
It has a shroud that completely encircles the barrel
It has a second hand grip
  • A semi-automatic shotgun that has both of the following features: 1) A folding or telescoping stock; or 2) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;6
  • A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has: 1) a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition; or 2) an overall length of less than 30 inches;7
Not sure of the length but it looks less than 30"
  • A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;8
  • A semiautomatic shotgun that can accept a detachable magazine; or9
  • A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.10

Again I'm not a resident there and I'm not 100% sure but if the link posted is the real deal I would be concerned about owning one there.

But I dig the side charging. It's a good looking gun. Best of luck CharlesDcann CharlesDcann

The way I read it yes. But I'm not a lawyer and I hate holiday inn. He might be able to share more because he's a resident there.

• Any “selective-fire” firearm capable of fully automatic, semi-automatic or “burst fire” at the option of the user;3
It has select Fire
  • Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle, regardless of the date produced, that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features: 1) A folding or telescoping stock; 2) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing; 3) A forward pistol grip; 4) A flash suppressor; or 5) A grenade or flare launcher;4
It has a forward VG
  • A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features: 1) The ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside the pistol grip; 2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer; 3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm without being burned (except a slide that encloses the barrel); or 4) A second hand grip;5
With a pistol stock
It has a threaded barrel
  • A semi-automatic shotgun that has both of the following features: 1) A folding or telescoping stock; or 2) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;6
  • A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has: 1) a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition; or 2) an overall length of less than 30 inches;7
  • A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;8

Again I'm not a resident there and I'm not 100% sure but if the link posted is the real deal I would be concerned about owning one there.

But I dig the side charging. It's a good looking gun. Best of luck CharlesDcann CharlesDcann
Lol go look up "other" builds in CT. Its completely legal. Like you said, you don't know the law. I had ffl dealers okay my entire build.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It has select Fire
It has a forward VG
With a pistol stock
It has a threaded barrel

PA 13-3 defines an AW as any semi-auto firearm with a detachable mag that . . .

Then it goes on to apply restriction to rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

This firearm is legal because it is none of the above.

It is not a handgun because CT law defines a handgun as any firearm with a barrel length of less than 12 inches.
Its not a rifle because CT law defines a rifle as any firearm intended to be shot from the shoulder.
Its not a shotgun because is discharges a single projectile.

So its a firearm, but not a pistol, rifle or shotgun.

Link to definitions. Go to paragraph 16 and read from there. https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_950.htm

There are only restrictions on pistols, rifles, or shotguns in PA13-3.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom