First other build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesDcann

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I am glad I built this, instead of just buying one over priced POS off the shelf, cost half the price and is 100x better.
8100ade7641e3d3216b861afae70bd10.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Its illegal in my state to have a collapsible stock sadly.

That makes me sad. But good on you for building one. A buddy at the club used BCA barrel with Ruger lower and a Miculek compensator and that thing is ridiculously easy to keep on target during rapid multiples.

That makes me sad. But good on you for building one. A buddy at the club used BCA barrel with Ruger lower and a Miculek compensator and that thing is ridiculously easy to keep on target during rapid multiples.
Thanks, and yeah I saw a lot of great things about the BCA products, and they are super well priced. Can't wait to shoot this.

I firmly believe a self built rifle can be as good as a shelf built job. The modularity of the AR15 lends itself to this belief. The AR can only go together on way and that's it. If one is using high quality parts, follow torque specs and attention to detail then the rifle will be just as accurate and reliable as a store bought gun.
As for cost, that all depends on parts selection. My run of the mill AR cost me 900 to 1100 bucks however that is using high quality' mil spec parts. Sure they can be built cheaper but that is up to the builder.
I will never buy another gun off the shelf ( AR15/ AR10 ) that is. I have had to ship guns back for defective parts. I like the fact that I know exactly what is in my rifle so I have confidence in my weapon.
Good job on your build. I like to see members roll their own. A sense of pride goes into a self built gun. There is no difference between a self built gun and a assembly line gun. Like I said they can only go together one way. PERIOD! A man putting together his own gun will take great care assembling his gun. As opposed to the average joe trying to turn out as many guns as possible on any given day.
Now that you have a good base you can upgrade parts as you go.
Anybody tells you differently hasn't built a gun yet. My builds are jam up and I have the targets to prove it. Just remember that guns like a certain ammo so don't get discouraged if accuracy is there on your first go around. You will need to sample brands of ammo until you find what works the best. Pretty much any ammo will suffice when hunting but trial and error is necessary when going for accuracy. I will end my rant now. Good luck and again nice job!

I firmly believe a self built rifle can be as good as a shelf built job. The modularity of the AR15 lends itself to this belief. The AR can only go together on way and that's it. If one is using high quality parts, follow torque specs and attention to detail then the rifle will be just as accurate and reliable as a store bought gun.
As for cost, that all depends on parts selection. My run of the mill AR cost me 900 to 1100 bucks however that is using high quality' mil spec parts. Sure they can be built cheaper but that is up to the builder.
I will never buy another gun off the shelf ( AR15/ AR10 ) that is. I have had to ship guns back for defective parts. I like the fact that I know exactly what is in my rifle so I have confidence in my weapon.
Good job on your build. I like to see members roll their own. A sense of pride goes into a self built gun. There is no difference between a self built gun and a assembly line gun. Like I said they can only go together one way. PERIOD! A man putting together his own gun will take great care assembling his gun. As opposed to the average joe trying to turn out as many guns as possible on any given day.
Anybody tells you differently hasn't built a gun yet. My builds are jam up and I have the targets to prove it. Just remember that guns like a certain ammo so don't get discouraged if accuracy is there on your first go around. You will need to sample brands of ammo until you find what works the best. Pretty much any ammo will suffice when hunting but trial and error is necessary when going for accuracy. I will end my rant now. Good luck and again nice job!
So it has been spoken so it shall be :horn:

Haha hell yeah man, I won't ever buy a shelf gun AR. I enjoy building it on my own, it's relaxing and I don't have to blow a ton of money up front. Plus like you said can upgrade parts. I am going to build a 300 black out, and ar10 next, whenever I have the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom