• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Florida Gator Fans Get In Here And Tell Me Something.

College bowl games (playoff games excluded) are quickly becoming the college version of the pro bowl.
Yep....and the ONLY way to stop the hemmorage of top 10 ranked team players from sitting out is to make the bowls great again. The only way to do that is to increase the number of CFP playoff slots from 4 to 8. That will have the added benifit of allowing the CFP Selection Committee to not purposely screw teams, like this years candidate Texas A&M, out of a deserved slot and still feel good about bowing down to the new age political correctness and include the Notre Dames and Ohio States or whatever other future power 5 conference "winners" that don't deserve to be there but must be included. Until then, I don't blame top 10 ranked team players for sitting out the consolation bowls.

Well.......Maybe they didn't make the LSU game either. I'm not a Gator fan either, but I do pull for all the SEC teams during the bowl season. The Gators should have opted out as a team....that performance....no lack of performance.....was painful to watch and feeds the myth that the SEC is over ranked as a conference.
It’s not a myth;)

CQB27, as much as I dislike the Florida Gators, I am going to give them a bit of a pass on that game. First off, with all the wide receivers opting out, the timing between the QB and the receivers was not sharp at all. Defensively, I believe Brenten Cox was not playing as well as two defensive linemen and a couple of linebackers. It may be next man up on the depth chart, but the starters start for a reason and the backups are backups for a reason. Plus, missing out on beating Alabama was huge. Like it or not, they were very close to pulling an upset in the Alabama game. I am sure there was a letdown. Now, the LSU game....I cannot defend their play. They seemed uninterested in playing that meaningless game. Meaningless because they had already clinched the East and were going to the SEC Championship Game. Win or lose that game and they still have to beat Alabama to go to the final four.

I do not believe going to an 8 team playoff would keep players from opting out of bowl games. Does anyone remember Jaylon Smith from ND. A highly rated player that was projected to be a first round pick in the NFL draft. Smith played in a bowl game, meaningless bowl game, and tore up his knee. Really bad knee damage. He went from a first round pick, to a second round pick. The money he lost by playing in the bowl game was staggering. And let's face it, it is all about the money the player can make in the NFL.

Anyway, just my opinion, and frankly, what do I know?

They sucked. But even as a UGA fan I know they had a lot of starters sit out, which definitely changes it up. Same thing that a lot of GA players are doing tomorrow. Don't be surprised when Cincy gives the Dawgs a run for their money tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom