• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For all you neckbeards with jacked up trucks

I have 2x 6" 9 LED lights on my brush guard and a 6" 10 LED bar under the back for a backup light.
I will play nasty if needed with the ghost trailer trucks or tailgaters.
I unknowingly played with a sheriff deputy that bright lighted me in heavy rain half a dozen times as we approached each other.
I was on low beam when he started and gave him all I had as he past me.
He turned around on me and I gave him the rear led when he got so close I couldn't see his headlights.
He then gave me the blue lights and I pulled over. I had no clue is was a deputy due to the heavy rain and his bright ass lights.
When he asked me what the hell I thought I was doing, I said you started my friend and he chuckle a little and said keep those offroad lights turned off on the highway.
I luckily got a warning most likely due to him not wanting to stand in the heavy rain any longer.
You OUTLAW

You OUTLAW
Dont make me bright light you! :becky:
giphy.gif

I'll pull over into a turning lane to let somebody go past me, if they're running super-bright (or improperly aimed) lights and blinding me, but OTHERWISE driving normally.

If they tailgate my ass, however, (which most aggressive, selfish SOB's who run their high beams constantly tend to do), I make sure to drive a cautious speed of 5 mph below the posted speed limit. Tailgating in dangerous, and if they tailgate me when I'm driving at (or usually 5-10 over) the speed limit, slowing myself down slows them down too and makes the consequences of any collision less severe.

Well, there is always this too:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-8/article-1/part-1/40-8-6/

O.C.G.A. 40-8-6 (2010)
40-8-6. Alteration of suspension system; operation of vehicle with broken springs

(a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.

(b) It shall be unlawful to operate any private passenger motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the suspension system of such vehicle has been altered more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for such vehicle.

(c) It shall be unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the springs relative to the suspension system are broken.

(d) Any person violating this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
This is the new law, the other one listed was old and no longer a law in Georgia.

That makes 4” total lift being legal.

Back
Top Bottom