• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Truck Engines

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Looking for sone input from ODT folks.

My current Ford F150 is a 1999 and will be 20 years old this year. I am looking at new Ford F150's. I am seeing 3 engine options : 3.0 desiel, v6 ecoboost and the v8. Does anyone have any input good or bad on any of the 3?

Also Five Star Ford in Warner Robins has been the best to deal with so far. Anyone have an opinion on them with Butler Ford's management being the absolute worst.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS

Looking for sone input from ODT folks.

My current Ford F150 is a 1999 and will be 20 years old this year. I am looking at new Ford F150's. I am seeing 3 engine options : 3.0 desiel, v6 ecoboost and the v8. Does anyone have any input good or bad on any of the 3?

Also Five Star Ford in Warner Robins has been the best to deal with so far. Anyone have an opinion on them with Butler Ford's management being the absolute worst.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS

I’ve got a buddy in Louisiana that loved his eco-boost. I have also heard the dealers around here call them eco bombs. I see no point in them because my 2015 5.0 gets just as good of mileage.

The Same buddy just sold his 2013 Eco-Boost due to his company rules & mileage policy for company used trucks,( he gets a truck allowance every month), & bought a new F-150 with the Land Rover inspired diesel: I’m all for diesel, but I wouldn’t get 1st year anything.

The 4 door 4x4 5.0 I drive gets 19-21 on the highway & 17.5 around town.

After owning GM exclusively for the last 10 years, I have been pleasantly surprised how good I like this 5.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another vote for the 5.0 Coyote motor...I've had two...awesome.
I've heard too many horror stories from my Ford Tech buddy about the EcoBoom motors trying to digest turbo vanes.

Back
Top Bottom