• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford's mandatory vaccination program

It is against federal law to demand access to medical records, or demand you too tell about your medical condition.
Read hippa laws. When those laws suits start rolling in it will a **** show.

I don't think it is. HIPPA only applies to medical providers and insurance companies. It has no bearing over private individuals, places of business, or employers.

Why? The only thing any one can do is be allowed unemployment benefits and that is iffy.
I've fired more people than you can comprehend, I fired 11 guys just for being smartassed on a job site.
You had cause for unprofessional or unsafe conduct, etc…. My point still stands, you can’t as an employer just do whatever you want. There are laws, rules and regulations in place, even in “at-will” states. You are also subject to your own internal policies and procedures.

Let’s say you tell folks they have to get your company name tatoo’d on their forehead as a condition of employment. Or you tell Amber she has to now wear a thong. Or you tell everyone they have to have their tubes tied or a vasectomy (company medical insurance savings). Or all the girls have to have D cups or better or have breast implants as a condition of employment. You think you can do that since you’re the employer and that’s the rules now?

You had cause for unprofessional or unsafe conduct, etc…. My point still stands, you can’t as an employer just do whatever you want. There are laws, rules and regulations in place, even in “at-will” states. You are also subject to your own internal policies and procedures.

Let’s say you tell folks they have to get your company name tatoo’d on their forehead as a condition of employment. Or you tell Amber she has to now wear a thong. Or you tell everyone they have to have their tubes tied or a vasectomy (company medical insurance savings). Or all the girls have to have D cups or better or have breast implants as a condition of employment. You think you can do that since you’re the employer and that’s the rules now?

We have terminated people in the past and the reason put down on the termination paperwork is "exercising at will employment/no cause"

Heck 20+ years ago someone I was related to was terminated with cause, and they terminated me a week later and told me the same thing. "Terminated at will / No cause". Really I was fired because someone I was related to was fired for cause and they didn't want the liability of having me on the payroll, but the official paperwork lists no cause.

If you’re running a strip club, then yeah!

Man you guys are totally missing the point. The entire point was, you cannot just do or say whatever you want to your employees. There are rules and laws regarding the treatment of employees even in at will states. Just because in your business you haven’t seen it yet. Let’s be honest, most blue collar jobs, folks aren’t going to lawyer up. I can tell you in an office environment, you better have some documentation and a cause. I’ve personally witnessed this stuff and had to submit affidavits in the state of Georgia for unlawful termination lawsuits. I’ve seen my employer have to pay people off for firing them because they were crappy employees.

Man you guys are totally missing the point. The entire point was, you cannot just do or say whatever you want to your employees. There are rules and laws regarding the treatment of employees even in at will states. Just because in your business you haven’t seen it yet. Let’s be honest, most blue collar jobs, folks aren’t going to lawyer up. I can tell you in an office environment, you better have some documentation and a cause. I’ve personally witnessed this stuff and had to submit affidavits in the state of Georgia for unlawful termination lawsuits. I’ve seen my employer have to pay people off for firing them because they were crappy employees.

Nope, those positions in offices in white collar environments can roll too.
In the north, what you are saying is how they work but not here, typically. I'm sure when enough people like yourself get to pissing and moaning enough it'll start but I hope I'm dead and gone by then.

If its my business and I own it, the government can kiss right on the dot. Before you say its all talk, you should get to know me, you might be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom