• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any reasonably priced options to program a 2017 Nissan Altima key?

I have a friend who is trying to get a key fob for a NEW car. Supposedly, there is a chip shortage and the dealership only supplied 1 fob. $685 if she waits for a fob and almost $1000 if she wants to skip the line. She hasn't found anybody able to do it for the money you are seeing.

$175 is NOT expensive

That’s a deal

Friend of mine lost the keys to their brand new Subaru,

Was a flatbed to the dealer and $1,700 to get new ones shipped from Japan and programmed at the stealership

Years ago a friends daughter lost their keys to their Mitsubishi while vacationing at Panama City beach

Flatbed ride to the nearest mitsu dealer who charged 950, then wouldn’t hand the keys to anyone except the registered owner , who had to drive from blue ridge to Pensacola to show proof of ownership and hold out his hand for the keys then turn around and hand them to his daughter .

$175 is NOT expensive

That’s a deal

Friend of mine lost the keys to their brand new Subaru,

Was a flatbed to the dealer and $1,700 to get new ones shipped from Japan and programmed at the stealership

Years ago a friends daughter lost their keys to their Mitsubishi while vacationing at Panama City beach

Flatbed ride to the nearest mitsu dealer who charged 950, then wouldn’t hand the keys to anyone except the registered owner , who had to drive from blue ridge to Pensacola to show proof of ownership and hold out his hand for the keys then turn around and hand them to his daughter .

I understand. It's not an insane price compared to our other options these days.

I honestly didn't have the assumption that other car brands would have the same thing for much cheaper.

it just seems like that is a high cost just for basic programming of a key. I get it, I know I don't understand all the logistics behind it, and even though I'm not that old, I guess I'm just used to when I grew up in a time where these high costs were not associated with basic things such as car keys.

I understand. It's not an insane price compared to our other options these days.

I honestly didn't have the assumption that other car brands would have the same thing for much cheaper.

it just seems like that is a high cost just for basic programming of a key. I get it, I know I don't understand all the logistics behind it, and even though I'm not that old, I guess I'm just used to when I grew up in a time where these high costs were not associated with basic things such as car keys.
I agree

I’m 57
A key used to be $2 to get copied at the hardware store

Now if you lost the ONLY key you had to your 79 Chevy , that was gonna cost extra .

Back
Top Bottom