• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

forget 420 dope head..its 720

i have everything but my fuel pump. i am going with a mechanical.. a guy in Canada makes them, its a 1 wire hookup and a electric boost control. but no need to flash a ecm, hide a gauge cluster, run wiring, and deal with the theft crap..

i have everything but my fuel pump. i am going with a mechanical.. a guy in Canada makes them, its a 1 wire hookup and a electric boost control. but no need to flash a ecm, hide a gauge cluster, run wiring, and deal with the theft crap..
If you can get it done without electronics that's always best.

I say 5.3L Vortec 2004 or newer. You can buy those engines with tranny and wiring harness for 1,200 bucks if you shop around. Try to get one with 70 to 80,000 mikes and it will last years. Heck put a stout cam, exhaust and nitrous on one that has 135,000 miles and it was still fresh. 24 MPG in that little truck and 300HP and 335 ft. Lbs. If torque in that little truck would be a handful. I wouldn't go any other way. Put a 100 shot of nitrous on it and you would put vettes to shame. Nothing like putting a Vette in its place.

Or maybe a LS1 all aluminum V8 to save weight. Then you would have a runner.

I say 5.3L Vortec 2004 or newer. You can buy those engines with tranny and wiring harness for 1,200 bucks if you shop around. Try to get one with 70 to 80,000 mikes and it will last years. Heck put a stout cam, exhaust and nitrous on one that has 135,000 miles and it was still fresh. 24 MPG in that little truck and 300HP and 335 ft. Lbs. If torque in that little truck would be a handful. I wouldn't go any other way. Put a 100 shot of nitrous on it and you would put vettes to shame. Nothing like putting a Vette in its place.

Or maybe a LS1 all aluminum V8 to save weight. Then you would have a runner.
been there done that. had a 84 with a mild 350 in it. all it did was spin the tires. it was fun, but the point of this one is great torque with unbelievable fuel economy. looking to get 200 to 250 tq and 50 to 70 mpg.

I had an ‘84 Ford Courier for a while ! Tricked it out and drove it all through high school and college - cool lil trucks !
Keep it up, yours is looking great !!

My dad only had one truck his whole life. It was a red 84 Nissan 2wd truck. We were driving out I-16 one afternoon and he got tired are asked me to drive. I was driving and apparently got tired...well he was asleep. When I woke up we were doing 70 rubbing the guardrail. Totalled that truck that day, but we both walked away without a scratch.

My dad only had one truck his whole life. It was a red 84 Nissan 2wd truck. We were driving out I-16 one afternoon and he got tired are asked me to drive. I was driving and apparently got tired...well he was asleep. When I woke up we were doing 70 rubbing the guardrail. Totalled that truck that day, but we both walked away without a scratch.
See that's why I tell everyone that you have to do at least 80 on I16. Otherwise that constant bump bump of the road and the lack of anything to see will put you to sleep in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom