• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 and Form 4 POST 41F Questions

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
I thought I was finished purchasing/creating class 3 items but I guess I was wrong. I have not filled NFA forms since pre-2017 so I'm not familiar with the new 41F requirements. I have a basic no frills "GA Brown Trust" I received from a fellow member that has passed the NFA sniff test a few times in the past. I am the only responsible person listed on the trust. My questions:

With the new brace ban going into effect what all is required for me to Form 1 register a DD PDW pistol that is now deemed a SBR? Has the form 1 process changed outside of the standard paperwork? Can it still be complete through the eforms NFA portal? Do I just need to order fingerprint cards from the ATF forms division? Will I need to re-engrave this item since I "am" but really "am not" changing it's classification?

Has the form 4 process changed at all since 41F? I have a factory DD5 SBR transferring into my dealer soon and will need to complete the process.

My local dealer has one of the Silencer-shop Kiosk's available. I see a handful of different options listed on their website for stamps, fingerprints, form 1 service, trusts, etc. I understand I can probably do all this stuff the old fashion way and print everything and submit it by mail but is this the new EASY way to do it? Can I still use my old trust or should I purchase their new "plug and play" option? I understand it comes at a cost but will this simplify the process greatly for someone who is out of touch with the process?

Just seeking some input on the new process from like minded more knowledgeable folks. Thanks in advance.

As I’ve read the ruling you cannot file amnesty SBR under a trust unless the trust “owned” the pistol braced gun prior to the ruling so it would be filed as an individual I believe they also stated braced guns need not be engraved and can retain their OEM markings

There’s writing on the web that F1 nfa doesn’t need engraving unless you sell it, similar to 80% title1 stuff… there’s another side of the coin that says when you agree to play the nfa game you agreed to the rules which state to engrave the F1 you filed.

Pre41f if you used a trust, you didn’t require a Cleo notice or 4473 background check If you had a Ga permit but now the fud wants more cowbell. Virtually zero people had/have braced pistols in their trust. The new (tax not collected) version is designed to be an individual filing.

Back
Top Bottom