• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 individual help

redtail

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
I am sure it has been covered and I have watched you tube but want some real world help.

Can someone walk me through the process of a Form 1 e-file? I am looking at SBRing a lower. The last one I did was way before e-file. I also did a trust then and I will be doing an individual this time.

Can you do you own fingerprints or do I need to go somewhere? Is the e-form easy? How do you get the finger print card?

Is is a pain or pretty simple?

Pretty simple, only problem I had was when I was done it told me a generated email would be sent with a cover letter to send my fingerprints with. I never got the email and was denied, when I called about it I was told to start over, and would find the cover letter in my documents part of the online paperwork.

I watched MrGunsandGear on a youtube video and did my first one. It was back about 5 years ago. Its pretty simple, the online form will walk you through it. The AFT will send you the cards and youll need an ink pad to use, and I suggest practicing on paper before you go after the cards. The passport photo is you against a light colored or white wall. The last two I did were approved in less than 30 days.

1. Get four fingerprint cards from your lgs that handles NFA items. (four because you will need two filled out, but in my experience, my local sheriffs office had an incompetent deputy who put someone elses fingerprints on my card), i had to go back to the lgs and grab more and then come back. -> get fingerprinted, should cost no more than five bucks bring exact change.

2. download a phone app that will take passport size photos. no need to go to walgreens and take a pic/scan

3. Go through STEP BY STEP, make sure to double check what you input.

Tip: Try to submit your application at a time that you don't think a hundreds of others are doing. I remember when eform1 was up again and the server would crash. Plenty of people got errors or had to start over. I did mine very early in the morning and was able to submit it the first time around.

Mine was approved in 30 days. I've seen some approve in 15.

Just make sure you double check EVERY thing that you input.
TRIPLE check your fingerprint card and make sure all the abbreviations for your submitted info are correct and make sure whoever does your fingerprints inputs their info correctly.

1. Get four fingerprint cards from your lgs that handles NFA items. (four because you will need two filled out, but in my experience, my local sheriffs office had an incompetent deputy who put someone elses fingerprints on my card), i had to go back to the lgs and grab more and then come back. -> get fingerprinted, should cost no more than five bucks bring exact change.

2. download a phone app that will take passport size photos. no need to go to walgreens and take a pic/scan

3. Go through STEP BY STEP, make sure to double check what you input.

Tip: Try to submit your application at a time that you don't think a hundreds of others are doing. I remember when eform1 was up again and the server would crash. Plenty of people got errors or had to start over. I did mine very early in the morning and was able to submit it the first time around.

Mine was approved in 30 days. I've seen some approve in 15.

Just make sure you double check EVERY thing that you input.
TRIPLE check your fingerprint card and make sure all the abbreviations for your submitted info are correct and make sure whoever does your fingerprints inputs their info correctly.

Excellent tip on submission times. I do mine late at night for the same reason. It's perfectly fine to do your own fingerprints if the hassel is to much in your area.

Back
Top Bottom