• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fountain pens and fine writing instruments

I want to get into some calligraphy so I figured I'd play with the flex nib as a half measure until you can actually read my writing. Then get a calligraphy set.

That Baystate Blue looks like a beautiful color. Which black do you have?

Mine is the Bad Black Moccasin and it's great. I originally wanted to get the Bulletproof Black but the Bad Black was a couple of bucks cheaper. That time cheaper was still good. The other time I got a bottle of Higgins Eternal Black and it is dry and scratchy.

Something a little different: I learned drafting and design back in the last few years before CAD began to take over the industry. I learned using both pencil and ink velum to draw survey drawings, building plans/elevations, etc - and I still have a few old sets of Koh I noor technical ink pens. These days I prefer to do art/illustration, and it's enjoyable drawing with a good pen and ink on vellum. Here's a good example of the work using varied nib widths:

That is INCREDIBLE! I'd LOVE to have some originals like that. I, personally have ZERO talent...in fact I think my talent level is in the negative zone. LOL. But watching that is so much fun(at fast speed). My AMBITION is just to be able to write presentably. Better than legible but I doubt I'll ever be able to create something others would be envious of. ANd talent like THAT will never be mine I don't believe.

Thanks for the video.

The watch of my dreams...where I win the lottery and sneak out and buy this watch when my wife is asleep....

i.ebayimg.com_images_g_oNAAAOSwEjFXddgI_s_l1600.jpg

Can't put my hands on them at the moment but remember when Cross Pen and Pencil sets were so cool?
The company logo was often added to the pocket clip making the extra "special".

Back
Top Bottom