Frangible 90 grain 9mm projectile reloading

90 grain frangible will operate the weapon if it is properly loaded.
heres load data for a 90 grain frangible, don;t have a load for Bullseye!

Acc #5- start 5.6 grs.--1100 fps------------Max --6.2 grs-----1225 fps-----OAL--1.120--pressure at max--33,540 PSI

ACC #2--Start 4.3grs--1080 fps------------ Max---4.8 grs----1200 fps ----OAL --1.120--pressure at max--34,620 psi

R.Silhouette--start 5.8 grs 1200 fps--------Max---6.4 grs-----1340 fps ----OAL 1.120 -- pressure at max--34,910 PSI

Out of Lee second edition manual.

I had some load data for a compensated/ported 1911 in 9mm... the fellow shot 90 grain frangibles with something like 4.2 grains of Bullseye. However he also had a lighter recoil spring in that little gun.

For the record, this is a stock G34 as far as the springs and such are concerned.

I know this will not sit well with everyone, but before springs were readily available, gunsmiths as well as do-it-yourselfers would cut a few coils off a spring to reduce it. I cut five coils off my Glock 34 recoil spring and it has worked great for several thousand rounds. This won't work on a Gen 4 . Mine is a Gen 3. You can also order a reduced power spring. I would use an 11 pound spring with the 90 grain bullets and try 4 grains of bullseye.

I have the same bullets that you are using, but I am using them in a compensated G-17, with five coils cut off, and 6.7 grains of AutoComp. They shoot great and make a good splatter mark on the plates.

Disclaimer: Use any procedure or practice that I have mentioned at your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom