Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

I don’t know what “loophole” Franklin Armory found.

If that gun really has a “Standard” AR rifle or carbine stock, that means it is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder.

Which makes it an SBR (rifled barrel) or SBS (smoothbore barrel) in my book.

I don’t know what “loophole” Franklin Armory found.

If that gun really has a “Standard” AR rifle or carbine stock, that means it is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder.

Which makes it an SBR (rifled barrel) or SBS (smoothbore barrel) in my book.

But could overall length come into play with a smooth bore? I have no idea, just wondering if something like the Shockwave deal.

I would assume it would be over 26" when measured fully extended. Possible that it won't fire unless extended to over 26" is my guess. They got a patent on the device that accomplishes this.
I’ve got an SBRed AR with a 14.5” barrel on it and it measures 34” from the end of the A2 flash hider to the end of the stock when extended, so you may be on to something.

I would assume it would be over 26" when measured fully extended. Possible that it won't fire unless extended to over 26" is my guess. They got a patent on the device that accomplishes this.

I can already think of one simple way to do this. Very similar to the mag disconnect on some pistols.

I’ve got an SBRed AR with a 14.5” barrel on it and it measures 34” from the end of the A2 flash hider to the end of the stock when extended, so you may be on to something.
I read the law to be as an SBR to be barrel length under 16" OR overall under 26". For example, a Tavor with the standard 16" barrel still has to make the overall length requirement of 26". Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom