Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

It wouldn’t be a shotgun if it’s made to fire a single bullet, not a bunch of shot, right?

**** edited: WRONG! It could still be a shotgun intended to fire a single projectile.****

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921

But I don’t think it is smoothbore.
Accuracy would be terrible .
People don’t want smoothbore guns in rifle calibers.

they say its not a shotgun either. my only guess is where they refer to an sbr as having an over all length of under 26" and that length is measured fully extended. So lets say the stock completely telescopes out to make the rifle over 26" long, now you would never use it full extended obviously but may be ok just by the fact that it can extended out that long. beyond that i dont have a ****ing clue how they could be getting away with this

LOL... The ATF are big boys... they can make their own mistakes without the NRA helping.

At this point the whole SBR/SBS part of the NFA is a moot point. Even if this never makes it out at all, between 'shockwaves' and pistols there's almost no reason to go through the NFA hassle.

I've been playing around with the Echo and Franklin binary triggers, and honestly, I don't see much point in a full auto gun these days either. You can get 80% of the effect for 20% of the cost.

The only thing we can't work around these days is suppressors, which should never have even been included in a 'firearms' act in the first place.

I read the law to be as an SBR to be barrel length under 16" OR overall under 26". For example, a Tavor with a ever with the standard 16" barrel still has to make the overall length requirement of 26". Am I right?
Man, I honestly couldn’t tell you. All these bull**** ATF laws are so confusing that I don’t even think THEY understand them all!
:pound:

Besides a smooth bore all I can think of is some kind of extension of the barrel into the upper receiver making it 16". Like say you pull the barrel from the receiver and it's one solid piece 16.1 inches? The last 4.5 inches being kinda a half barrel that extends beyond the chamber?

they say its not a shotgun either. my only guess is where they refer to an sbr as having an over all length of under 26" and that length is measured fully extended. So lets say the stock completely telescopes out to make the rifle over 26" long, now you would never use it full extended obviously but may be ok just by the fact that it can extended out that long. beyond that i dont have a ****ing clue how they could be getting away with this

But the 18” barrel requirement for shotguns, and the 16” barrel requirement for rifles, applies REGARDLESS of the OAL requirement.
If the gun were a “rifle” it would have to meet both bbl and OAL measurements.

Maybe that “standard AR stock” is called a “non-stock rear counterweight” or some such BS?
Maybe the owner’s manual for the gun tells you never to shoulder it?

Back
Top Bottom