• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freeze Dried Meals

I ate a ton of the USMC RCWs ( ration cold weather ) in Norway and they weren't bad. Most certainly better than MREs. Partly freeze dried and they required something like 90oz of water for rehydration. 2 MRE sized packages rubber banded together was a single ration per person per day.

Mountain House is better.

They are the best I have tasted. Yes, it is pricey, but I know I/my family will be eating high quality food when it is time to tear into these. Or, hopefully, I become an old man enjoying Ribeyes chuckling at myself over the stuff I bought when I was younger, etc.

A few years ago I purchased a bunch of augason survival food. Came in numer 10 sized metal cans with 35 year shelf life. Package was over 500 lbs and free shipping. Order on line from Sam's club. Half the price of cabelas.

Wife and myself were just talking about this last night. I told her that I didn't want to be reloading in same room as freeze dryer running and I have been reloading a lot lately. Freeze drying will start back up next week after returning from vacation. With the weather cooling off, it won't require the a/c running in the room (I hope). I got supplies a while bac to make meals, so time to make some more meals/snacks for the future.

Wife and myself were just talking about this last night. I told her that I didn't want to be reloading in same room as freeze dryer running and I have been reloading a lot lately. Freeze drying will start back up next week after returning from vacation. With the weather cooling off, it won't require the a/c running in the room (I hope). I got supplies a while bac to make meals, so time to make some more meals/snacks for the future.
I was thinking of moving mine to the garage for winter. I don't like the smoke smell that the pump let's off. Figured with the heat coming from it, it'll keep the garage above 45 (if it ever gets that low, which I don't think it did last year)
Screenshot_20231016_121431_Samsung Notes.jpg

Mine is in the bonus room above the garage. Figured it would help heat back end of house this winter. It does generate some real heat for those who don't have one and are thinking about getting one. Not something you want in the main part of the house. The oil less pump is supposed to be a lot cooler; but for $1600 difference I can run a little a/c.

Back
Top Bottom