• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Frog Lube is probably coconut oil

I hate to say it but I don't have much faith in the collective intelligence level of the firearm community so the fact people have problems with it doesn't surprise me.

I will concede that it does make you jump through hoops that other lubes do not but there is nothing wrong with it as a lubricant when used appropriately.
Surely, some portion of users didn't follow the instructions. But I think that the reason people have an issue with it in general, is that it even requires instructions. People don't want and shouldn't have to think that hard about keeping a gun running. Additionally, any lube that has the potential to become a failure point, has serious issues.

Surely, some portion of users didn't follow the instructions. But I think that the reason people have an issue with it in general, is that it even requires instructions. People don't want and shouldn't have to think that hard about keeping a gun running. Additionally, any lube that has the potential to become a failure point, has serious issues.

This! If Crest came out with toothpaste that does the same thing as all the other toothpaste, but it cost more, had special steps, and could only be used with distilled water, I wouldn't use it.

Too many caveats and addendums for something as simple as gun lube.

Which is exactly why I run frog lube. I invest the proper time the first time and all other times...well its easier than any other lube I have ever used.

Which is exactly why I run frog lube. I invest the proper time the first time and all other times...well its easier than any other lube I have ever used.

Yeah, well... I have run CLP all the way from about -20 to almost 100 degrees outside. Fired about 750 rounds in 15 min. when my gun was lubed with CLP. And I'm talking about a army range qualification, or the SDM course, not bench shooting. Every once in awhile the army gets things right, & CLP is one of them. If FL is the end all be all lube, why has it failed military testing trials? Why is it not listed as a authorized lubricant in either the FM or TM, but yet the makers of FL love to say its "Mil Spec"? And what advantage is there in needing a blow dryer, if you need to reapply lube to your rifle if your in the woods?

If you like it, thats fine... But dont piss down on the rest of the "gun community" because we all dont love frog lube, and or, too stupid to put it on according to the directions.

CLP for me too. I have seen it work on everything from .22 Cal. single shot rifles up the MK19 grenade launchers and M2 HB BMGs. If it works then let it work. I remember when FL came out and the sound of folks jumping on the bandwagon was deafening. Shortly thereafter a lot of folks realized it didn't do anything better than what was already out there, and not only that it had it's issues and quirks to contend with to make it work right. I will stick with CLP, ATF, 3 in 1, Hoppe's etc. before I jump into FL. I have only face to face one LE that used FL and he said it was really good stuff other than the fact it would make his gun sluggish from time to time. These were duty weapons BTW. SLUGGISH?!?!?!?! No thanks!

CLP for me too. I have seen it work on everything from .22 Cal. single shot rifles up the MK19 grenade launchers and M2 HB BMGs. If it works then let it work. I remember when FL came out and the sound of folks jumping on the bandwagon was deafening. Shortly thereafter a lot of folks realized it didn't do anything better than what was already out there, and not only that it had it's issues and quirks to contend with to make it work right. I will stick with CLP, ATF, 3 in 1, Hoppe's etc. before I jump into FL. I have only face to face one LE that used FL and he said it was really good stuff other than the fact it would make his gun sluggish from time to time. These were duty weapons BTW. SLUGGISH?!?!?!?! No thanks!
Yeah, well... I have run CLP all the way from about -20 to almost 100 degrees outside. Fired about 750 rounds in 15 min. when my gun was lubed with CLP. And I'm talking about a army range qualification, or the SDM course, not bench shooting. Every once in awhile the army gets things right, & CLP is one of them. If FL is the end all be all lube, why has it failed military testing trials? Why is it not listed as a authorized lubricant in either the FM or TM, but yet the makers of FL love to say its "Mil Spec"? And what advantage is there in needing a blow dryer, if you need to reapply lube to your rifle if your in the woods?

If you like it, thats fine... But dont piss down on the rest of the "gun community" because we all dont love frog lube, and or, too stupid to put it on according to the directions.

Yup CLP all the way all I've ever needed. though if FL really is just coconut oil that makes it pretty damn cheap if you just go an get it from any store.

here is some frog lube
i0.wp.com_theunfinnishedblog.files.wordpress.com_2014_06_dscn1c85df3359b22f7013b49c59cbe974b72.jpg

Frog-On-A-Frying-Pan.jpg

You're the ones pissing on FL.....that's the funny thing. I'm not out for your CLP. I'm just here to debunk bull**** spouted about a product that is obviously just a bit too complex for some...

Bolded is not required after initial lube.

Back
Top Bottom