• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FYI -- NEW MEMBERS AND ODT MEMBERS THAT ARE MILITARY OR WORK PUBLIC SERVICE

Since Facebook clamped down on groups that sell firearms, I have seen an increase of new members that are military and some that work for public service here on the ODT. I am a Veteran myself and it pisses me off when I see an active duty soldier trying to blatantly screw someone here on the ODT.

I completely understand your point and I too see it often but, last time I checked, the United States is still a Free Country and people can ASK whatever they want for their items. I know that some feel that they know better and feel like they have to be the Price Police but, you do not have to buy said overpriced items. I too take advantage of my multitude of discounts whenever I can. There are plenty of Firearms manufacturers that offer discounts for Military, Law Enforcement, and other Public Services. Not to mention the tax breaks and discounted FFL Fees (sometimes). Now, that does not mean that I am always able to get a discount. Example, I can only purchase 2 Glock's per year at Blue Label pricing so any other are at full price. When I get the opportunity to buy a firearm on post, even though it would be Tax Free, it is not always cheaper than the same item can be purchased (Off Post). Case, I recently purchased a SIG P320 on Fort Stewart thinking I was getting a good deal and I was later informed by someone that they got the same firearm for less somewhere else even with me not paying taxes on it. So back to the point. Just because someone can, does not mean they did and again, a person can ASK whatever they want for the item they list. If it is overpriced then they will eventually find out or, Karma will deal with them later. Some things are just not worth worrying about.

Can't figure out why all the crybabies keep pissing and moaning about people asking what they want. Doesn't make a difference if they're eligible for MIL/LEO discounts or not. If you don't like the price, move on. If the item doesn't sell the seller will go elsewhere or lower their price. New members, list your items for whatever you want. If it doesn't sell, lower the price.

Let's change the name of the forum to "The Butt-Hurt Old Traders - If You List It To High, We Gonna Cry". Way, way too much crying and *****in threads about this.

Bunch of whining old ladies. And, if you follow the forum, it's the same people doing the crying. Go POAR.

:pop2:

Since Facebook clamped down on groups that sell firearms, I have seen an increase of new members that are military and some that work for public service here on the ODT. I am a Veteran myself and it pisses me off when I see an active duty soldier trying to blatantly screw someone here on the ODT.

If you get screwed, you deserve it. You bucking for Moderator?

I completely understand your point and I too see it often but, last time I checked, the United States is still a Free Country and people can ASK whatever they want for their items. I know that some feel that they know better and feel like they have to be the Price Police but, you do not have to buy said overpriced items. I too take advantage of my multitude of discounts whenever I can. There are plenty of Firearms manufacturers that offer discounts for Military, Law Enforcement, and other Public Services. Not to mention the tax breaks and discounted FFL Fees (sometimes). Now, that does not mean that I am always able to get a discount. Example, I can only purchase 2 Glock's per year at Blue Label pricing so any other are at full price. When I get the opportunity to buy a firearm on post, even though it would be Tax Free, it is not always cheaper than the same item can be purchased (Off Post). Case, I recently purchased a SIG P320 on Fort Stewart thinking I was getting a good deal and I was later informed by someone that they got the same firearm for less somewhere else even with me not paying taxes on it. So back to the point. Just because someone can, does not mean they did and again, a person can ASK whatever they want for the item they list. If it is overpriced then they will eventually find out or, Karma will deal with them later. Some things are just not worth worrying about.

WHOA,,, I didn't say that YOU were or implied that that is what you do on here brother. I am mainly talking about the new members that are military who list a LNIB Glock 19 for $600 etc.
My last post ---
"Since Facebook clamped down on groups that sell firearms, I have seen an increase of new members that are military and some that work for public service here on the ODT. I am a Veteran myself and it pisses me off when I see an active duty soldier trying to blatantly screw someone here on the ODT".

Can't figure out why all the crybabies keep pissing and moaning about people asking what they want. Doesn't make a difference if they're eligible for MIL/LEO discounts or not. If you don't like the price, move on. If the item doesn't sell the seller will go elsewhere or lower their price. New members, list your items for whatever you want. If it doesn't sell, lower the price.

Let's change the name of the forum to "The Butt-Hurt Old Traders - If You List It To High, We Gonna Cry". Way, way too much crying and *****in threads about this.

Bunch of whining old ladies. And, if you follow the forum, it's the same people doing the crying. Go POAR.

LOL, I am not a crybaby. I despise active duty military making fools of themselves.

I think you missed the point of the thread!

Wives and GF's made the member son Memorial Day

WHOA,,, I didn't say that YOU were or implied that that is what you do on here brother. I am mainly talking about the new members that are military who list a LNIB Glock 19 for $600 etc.
My last post ---
"Since Facebook clamped down on groups that sell firearms, I have seen an increase of new members that are military and some that work for public service here on the ODT. I am a Veteran myself and it pisses me off when I see an active duty soldier trying to blatantly screw someone here on the ODT".

I know that and I take very little as a personal attack, lol. It's cool bro and I was just stating some facts is all. you are correct, there has been a big influx of new members on the ODT but that does not mean it's all bad. just think of all the additional choices you have now. You do have choices and one is to ignore or block the ones you feel are not deserving to deal with you. I don't know about you but my Ignore list grows weekly.

Back
Top Bottom