• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA examiner probably sleeping or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
Was getting 5 to 5 and half months from pending to approval. Now it's a solid 6 months from pending approval.

Was getting 5 to 5 and half months from pending to approval. Now it's a solid 6 months from pending approval.

Everyone is slowing down man, they are training the new examers who should be starting any day now.

So far it looks like 6-8 weeks from cashed till pending, then 6 months from pending.

NEVER!!

Ms Siviero is an extremely nice and pleasant person. They are overwhelmed. I have gotten back forms approved on sundays, phone calls at 730am, and emails on saturdays. They are moving pretty fast for the archaic system they are using and the volume they are dealing with. How would you like to have boxes upon boxes of paper in front of you with absolutely no incentive to do them any faster?

Blame the politicians, not the examiners.

I had to submit a form for moving, I had a response back in a week, of course I overnighted it, but I was expecting 30 days. It does look like a stamp vs a signature on the Form 4s.

I have to agree with Q R F on this one. These examiners are having to push all this paper by hand and do all work manually. This in a day and age where we all have the computing power to do most of it electronically. They are stuck with an antiquated, manual system. Add to that a sharp increase in volume and times are going to increase. Regardless of how hard the examiners work to get the work done.

Wanna really get pissed off?

I have an old rewelded dealer sample gun that fell apart on me the other day. Broke right on the weld lines. I sent them a letter to let them know I demilled it and please remove it from the registry. I got a letter back in 7 DAYS saying they had removed it from the registry and thanking me for letting them know. SO it takes 7 days to remove something, but its taking them 6-8 weeks just to transfer stuff between dealers... :crazy:

My guess would be that an intern or trainee can remove from the registry but only an examiner can remove/add (transfer) or add.

I honestly feel that, if you have already had approval for a stamp in the past, there should be some sort of express processing. The only applications that should justify the longer wait period would be the new applications that the applicant has had no prior approval.

Wanna really get pissed off?

I have an old rewelded dealer sample gun that fell apart on me the other day. Broke right on the weld lines. I sent them a letter to let them know I demilled it and please remove it from the registry. I got a letter back in 7 DAYS saying they had removed it from the registry and thanking me for letting them know. SO it takes 7 days to remove something, but its taking them 6-8 weeks just to transfer stuff between dealers... :crazy:

What type of MG was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom