• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA examiner probably sleeping or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that working out for you? LOL! :D

It's working out so well that I only check this forum about 5x per day. I probably only think about it every 20 minutes or so now. I used to have a real problem with the wait. The first 5.5 months were nothing to me- no problems. When it got close to six months, I got excited. Then somewhat obsessed... watching my phone almost constantly for a call from the McDonnough area. Now I'm back to just thinking about it every 20 minutes or so. I guess that's progress.

Yeah what gets me is my pending was before the crazy event. Sure they get bunch of applications but I don't see the pattern... Past 12 months, they were doing steady 5 and half months pending to approval. Within a month span, they increased by 30%? Yeah I know they training the new examiners but they also have their assistant who push forms thru for 2nd pending. I wonder how many forms the examiner signs a day... They don't have to do anything but sign, everything else was checked prior by assistant examiner. They will never improve the service, it's part of their plan to keep NFA out of the streets. Remember the $200 fee back in the day? They want the money but they don't want to make it fast. If they raised the tax fee to today value, their profit will drop 80% and time would be only a month.

All the 6-8 weeks from cash to pending are for the applications that was sent in end of Jan 2013. People were panic buying title 1 guns and when everything was sold out, they moved to NFA. Plus tax income and sandy hook has a big part in the large increase of forms that was sent in first quarter of 2013.

Yup... checks cashed on Veteran's Day last November. No word yet.

I'm seriously trying to quit thinking about it.
If I'm not mistaken. It's a solid 6 months from pending to approval. My previous approval was 5 and a week from pending to approval and that was a late October pending. I have a December 3 pending that's still pending since yesterday.

Oh yeah, Texas examiner should take on another state. She always 5 months pending to approval. She's at the end of December while everyone else is mid of November. NFAtracker does a good job!

Wanna really get pissed off?

I have an old rewelded dealer sample gun that fell apart on me the other day. Broke right on the weld lines. I sent them a letter to let them know I demilled it and please remove it from the registry. I got a letter back in 7 DAYS saying they had removed it from the registry and thanking me for letting them know. SO it takes 7 days to remove something, but its taking them 6-8 weeks just to transfer stuff between dealers... :crazy:

I sent in a request on a change of my form 1 and I still hadn't heard back... I sent it in back in January.

Looking through 10k worth of forms a week must suck!

Yeah I'm thinking it must be a lot if it takes 1 minute to sign one form. I'm just making an estimated guess since all the errors is checked prior going on the examiners desk.

Perhaps a proposal to reduce the work force of inmates making license plates, and have a handful of inmates help with checking and signing off on NFA forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom